need exhaust head pipe/ or just the flange. Any ideas?

-

messengermike

Reaction score
Looking for the flange, or a head pipe with a flange for my slant six out of a 1964 dart convert. Looked everywhere, can not find a reasonable one, I only saw a long pipe with the flange for like $150.00 way out of my budget. O'riely sells the correct gasket, just like everyone else, but no one carries the flange, or head pipe. Any info would be greatly appreciated, I'll have my ole lady come over and clean your shop! Thanks

Looking for the flange, or a head pipe with a flange for my slant six out of a 1964 dart convert. Looked everywhere, can not find a reasonable one, I only saw a long pipe with the flange for like $150.00 way out of my budget. O'riely sells the correct gasket, just like everyone else, but no one carries the flange, or head pipe. Any info would be greatly appreciated, I'll have my ole lady come over and clean your shop! Thanks

Well, the flange is mighty simple, get the Exhaust doughnut from o'riley's, and take a tape measure and measure the bolt center-to-center distance (ballpark mind you, we're not talking thousanths here)

Then Go to a muffler shop or two in town, and ask for a two-bolt exhaust flange, they look like this:

2_Bolt.jpg

Make sure the center opening is a little (not alot) smaller than the outside of the doughnut, and check the bolt hole center-to-center distance.

Then just weld your downpipe to this flange, and when you bolt it up, the doughnut should seal to the inside of this, and the inside of the manifold. :happy3:

Any good muffler shop will have a flange.

-
Back