Need fair price on rear end out my 64 dart.

-

DumpsterFire

Reaction score
I've sold most of the stuff I've stripped out to the same guy. Just no idea what to price this thing at. Automatic 1964 dart with a 273. Don't know what the gearing is. One leaf was broken so I'm selling it with no leaf springs.
20240716_222753.jpg

Looks like a 7 1/4. I'd pay around $50 if i absolutely had to have one. Honestly every one I've ever had has either went under a car to make it a roller to sell or to the scrap yard.

somewhere between 10bux and a burrito and $500 seems to be what people think they're worth.

realistically, about $150 unless it's crazy clean or has a desirable ratio is about going rate.

somewhere between 10bux and a burrito and $500 seems to be what people think they're worth.

realistically, about $150 unless it's crazy clean or has a desirable ratio is about going rate.
Was even more than one ratio available in 1964? I'll bother to check if there's something to look for

7.25 open rear? From free to an absolute high of 100 bucks.

Scrap value would be my guess, I know if I broke one
there's tons of folks out there running around on 7.25's that don't have the dough to upgrade, want to keep it small bolt or just don't know any better.

so there's value to them.

to you and i? not so much.

There's guys looking for the limited slip units if it has one; maybe some 10" brake parts/drums, although it most likely has 9" brakes. Otherwise take whatever you can get over $0.10 per lb.

there's tons of folks out there running around on 7.25's that don't have the dough to upgrade, want to keep it small bolt or just don't know any better.

so there's value to them.

to you and i? not so much.
Already got a very interested buyer just don't want to ask for something silly. Really just wanna keep more old garbage going.

In my area a 7-1/4" goes straight to the scrapyard.

If you can even sell it I'll be totally surprised if you can get $50 for it.

Tom

I got two, couldn’t sell them. Does that tell you anything? Still even though, I won’t scrap mine. Some day there will be someone who wants one. Even then I won’t be greedy. I’d say 50-100 bucks.

They’re kinda worth negative unless you find the right dude. Then you’re looking at 50 bucks, or maybe 100 if it’s in good ready to run condition.

See if it's got a sure grip. Highly unlikely ,but you never know. If it does the following does not apply.....

Ask $50, take $25 obo.

A plain Jane unit, $50-75. I had one with a suregrip, sold it for $400 to a guy doing a correct resto.

I got two, couldn’t sell them. Does that tell you anything? Still even though, I won’t scrap mine. Some day there will be someone who wants one. Even then I won’t be greedy. I’d say 50-100 bucks.
I wish we were local. I'd get um both.

See if it's got a sure grip. Highly unlikely ,but you never know. If it does the following does not apply.....

Ask $50, take $25 obo.
It's more common than you may think. They used both styles. The clutch type and cone type, so they're out there.

-
Back