Need help. I Bought a non excisting horn relay on Ebay

-

Plaschy

Reaction score
I bought a NOS horn relay on Ebay. It was one of those with the Buy it now option. The seller had some 4 or 5 of them left when I put it on my watch list. Yesterday only one was left and I hit the Buy it now button and paid for the horn relay via Paypal. Today I recieved a mail from the seller:
"Hi, sorry my friend, but we are out of these relays. Please accept our applogy on this, we will send out your refund now.
Xxxx Xxxx"

One minute later I got my money back.

My answer to him was:
"Hi Xxxx
When I purchased the horn relay you stated that there was one left (mine). How come that all of a sudden there is none left?
Anyway, thanks for the quick refund of my money.
I still have to decide how I am going to rate this."

An his answer back to me was:
"Please don't leave me a negative, it was my listing services fault, not ours. Can't I make it up to you?
Xxxx"

Well, my problem is that I bought a thing (the last) and I can´t have it beacuse it never excisted. He claims it is not his fault but his listing services.

The seller has over 99 % positive feedback.

I am still debating on which feedback I am going to give him.

What would you do?

Good question.. Dont think the guy really meant to cause any trouble and it sounds like a simple mistake.. I made a simple mistake bidding on something one time and didnt pay close enough attention and it was not what I needed. I contacted the seller and told him and he said if I won it I didnt have to pay for it... Nice guy.. Turn the situation arround and stand in his shoes. What goes around comes around..JMO.. Good luck and hope you find a relay.

you got a total refund, it is possible- that someone else bought the last 1 before the auction site could be updated-- give positive & move on.
honest mistakes still happen, Lawrence

I can understand an out of stock situation if he had multiple of one item, but at the same time, how does he intend to make it up to you? I would be more impressed if he truly owned up to the mistake, instead of passing the buck on a "listing service". If his reputation is important to him, he needs to "own" his auctions...

For me, it would depend on how he "makes it up". It's not like it is an Edelbrock carburetor that you can find in a million other locations. It is NOS parts.

I'd be leaning towards negative...

Ive bought/sold on Ebay alot... and "mistakes" happen on BOTH sides.

99% feedback from an established Seller is very respectable and shows he has worked hard at it. If he didnt care- he wouldnt respond or could have claimed it was shipped/lost en-route. I know from experience if ANY seller, be it Ebay or elsewhere, states "ONLY 1 LEFT"... I usually contact the seller before bidding/purchasing because stock can be off more often than not. Im sure it has happened to many of us @ a parts store: "computer says we have one in stock... but I cant find it".

Its a professional gesture that he has offered to "make it up to you". Either write it off as a whatever experience or see if there is something else you need- ask for a discounted price and/or free shipping. If you dont want to leave positive feedback- just dont leave any and move on...

i don't know why everyone on EBAY expects such perfection....the guy either thought he had more in stock than he actually did, or someone bought the last one at the exact moment before you did. most inventories update daily, not hourly...it was a honest no harm no foul mistake. I've had some luck on ebay, but i've also had some train wrecks both buying and selling. you got your money back instantly, maybe ask him to message you if he gets more in stock...negative feedback would be if it took a week to get a refund, or waited and waited and it never came....just leave positive, or don't leave anything and move on.

you got a total refund, it is possible- that someone else bought the last 1 before the auction site could be updated-- give positive & move on.
honest mistakes still happen, Lawrence

I agree this could easily happen. I would leave good feedback for him. At least he refunded your money right away and was honest about it.

sounds Like the seller treated you with total respect and values you as a customer,mistakes do happen it has happened to my partner the same way but it was when partner relisted the item and it carried the old balance of items in stock where the mistake happened....I'd leave a 100% positive seeing the seller has issued total refund and apologised to you Jmo 8)

Thanks for the replies!

I emailed him and said that I am not leaving any negative feedback.
Mistakes happens.

I bought a NOS horn relay on Ebay. It was one of those with the Buy it now option. The seller had some 4 or 5 of them left when I put it on my watch list. Yesterday only one was left and I hit the Buy it now button and paid for the horn relay via Paypal. Today I recieved a mail from the seller:
"Hi, sorry my friend, but we are out of these relays. Please accept our applogy on this, we will send out your refund now.
Xxxx Xxxx"

One minute later I got my money back.

My answer to him was:
"Hi Xxxx
When I purchased the horn relay you stated that there was one left (mine). How come that all of a sudden there is none left?
Anyway, thanks for the quick refund of my money.
I still have to decide how I am going to rate this."

An his answer back to me was:
"Please don't leave me a negative, it was my listing services fault, not ours. Can't I make it up to you?
Xxxx"

Well, my problem is that I bought a thing (the last) and I can´t have it beacuse it never excisted. He claims it is not his fault but his listing services.

The seller has over 99 % positive feedback.

I am still debating on which feedback I am going to give him.

What would you do?

there are around 6.8 billion people living on the world as of July 2009. That number will increase by about 212,035 every day.

Do you think maybe one of those other guys might have been hitting buy it now a fraction of a second before you did?:wack:

would a good horn relay be of help to you? It might not look like new but works just fine...I have a few here somewhere
Thanks for the replies!

I emailed him and said that I am not leaving any negative feedback.
Mistakes happens.

OK sounds like you already did the right thing and so did the seller.....just remember EBAY is an AUCTION,,,,and as an AUCTION their job is to make you believe YOU NEED that part at that minute, to get you to bid bid bid!!!..... you keep your eyes open I am guessing there will be MORE NOS relays getting listed in the future...... try Roseville chrysler in roseville Michigan....they possibly have one ....but dont look for bargain basement costs LOLOL
dig around a lil you will come up with one

-
Back