Need help with a camshaft

-

Ezra_Duster

Reaction score
I'm building a 340 Duster for street driving and Drag racing. I'm pretty new to the scene and don't know where to start when looking, I know that the grind I have in it right now is way too aggressive. any help with this is very much appreciated.

First, welcome to the site. Second, what kind of "street" car and "drag" car are we to assume you are building?? Third, what cam (specs) do you call "way too aggressive" ??? The more info you give us, the better we can advise you. Here are some key questions for YOU to answer:
  • More street use or more drag racing?
  • What type of street use, highway? City? Both?
  • What car "manners" are important to you on the street?
  • How fast are you hoping the car goes at the dragway??
  • What gears?
  • What transmisson?
  • If an automatic, what converter?
  • What heads and compression?
  • Are we talking a stock engine that the cam will be going into..... ???
  • Headers or stock manifolds?

First, welcome to the site. Second, what kind of "street" car and "drag" car are we to assume you are building?? Third, what cam (specs) do you call "way too aggressive" ??? The more info you give us, the better we can advise you. Here are some key questions for YOU to answer:
  • More street use or more drag racing?
  • What type of street use, highway? City? Both?
  • What car "manners" are important to you on the street?
  • How fast are you hoping the car goes at the dragway??
  • What gears?
  • What transmisson?
  • If an automatic, what converter?
  • What heads and compression?
I'm at school right now so ill have to get back to you when I get out, what I can tell you right now is more street use both I have a gear vendor so the highway isn't really a problem I want it to be a low 12 second to high 11 for now, I have a 727 tranny it is automatic don't know the converter I believe Edelbrock heads. the compression is 10/.75

Last edited:
4B044F94-FCB7-49F1-AE2C-84047D3735F5.jpeg

-
Back