Need help with my Mopar

-

RollercamDART

Reaction score
Hey I am devoting tommarow to wrenching on my new Dart Sport so I can drive it on Monday. I need to free up the brake pedal, get the blinkers working, and the break lights. If anyone feels like helping I can supply some beer. I dont have a ton of tools, really only what I need. Anyway if anyone feels like making a trip to Lacey to help out just shoot me an e-mail at hoodfamily4c@msn.com and lemme know!

Thanks!

Cody

Is this the Cody we bought the dart from back a few months?
1973dodgedartMedium.jpg

1973dodgedartMedium.jpg

1973dodgedartMedium.jpg

Sure is, I guess I couldnt go without some kind of Dart to work on.. How goes the Dart over there? I hope all is well I havnt seen pics since the new rims and primer. I got the headlights working on this car and the brakes free enough that I took the car for a spin. Anyway how are things up north?

THings are going good, Larry has the dart running real good, Wow does it have power! We just took the upper control arms off and had new ball joints installed and replaced some front end parts. Have it in my shop right now with the fenders off. We are going to take it down to bare metal and reprimer it. Larry bought a new headliner for it but he has a bum back right now so the headliner hasn't been installed yet, also have some new bucket seats for it.

Here is what the motor looks like now.
dartmotor2Small.jpg

dartmotor2Small.jpg

dartmotor2Small.jpg

Well sorry to hear about his back, I hope that gets better soon. I moved out of those apartments into a house so I decided to buy this 73 Dart Sport. Anyway I am having a ***** of a time trying to get all the lights to work, only thing that works now is the headlights and running lights. No blinkers, no brake lights just the dim running lights, no license plate light, no interior lights, nadda. I have used my multi-meter on the fuses and have 12v going across all fuses so I am assuming its either a bad ground or bad wiring. Its funny the entire outside of this car is rust free, I look under the dash and it has been leaking in through the windshield wiper. So tommarow its back to the ol' wiring fun...

Hey Roller can I use the excuse of not knowing where you are???:scratch: I am on the East end of WA in the Tri Citys. I would b glad 2 help cause I know whats its like. Oh just realized you said youre in Lacey throw out my excuse:violent1:. I have so far replaced the entire front end of our 67 dart,replaced the drum 2 disc,replaced the mstr cyl to the proper 1,installed a 8 3/4 for the conv of gear change and bigger brakes,painted the instr. needles on the gauges,all new shocks & new ss springs,power strng to man. A bunch of little stuff on the inside,latest is replacing the windshiels gaskets which I still have a leak around the fuse box. Seems to never end huh.... All this for a /6 gt that the kids dont want. Well guess it goes to dad :thumbup: If you were closer Id bring me & the tools over. 1 dart I had the lights would flicker all the time happened to go out 1 nite & by luck I saw the ground arcing. Lucky find. Well done ranting have fun let us know how things go.

Yeah other than all the lights and the brakes hanging for a couple seconds this car is great. I will probobly be wrenching on it most of the day today chasing wires and such... :blah5:

-
Back