need help with parts

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
OK guys, I have finished building the engine on this 1966 Valiant 200 4 door car and I am starting on the body. I am going to need a front windshield, clear if possible but that may be a problem. This one is a non a/c car but someone has put a tinted windshield in it back in the day so I am thinking that is what is available. The windshield is starting to cloud up so it has to come out. I did find one on ebay but does anybody know of anywhere else to get one without a second mortgage on my house. I have not been successful as of yet. Also I need a windshield weatherstrip for it. I did find one at Classic Industries and it is reasonable but anywhere else. I like options. The rear glass is ok but it is going to have to come out as well because the rubber has shrinked and brittle. Someone said they dont make rubbers for this '66 but Laysons has bulk weatherstrip. I did not see this on their website. May have overlooked this but does anybody know where else has this. I am going to bring this car back from sitting in the weeds for 30 years to how it looked when it came off the assy line if possible or as close to it as I can. It is being stripped right now. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,Bill

logo_logo.png

ALL Vehicles from 1900-2015 Domestic & Foreign.​

FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING
ON ALL FLAT GLASS
website orders!*

• CONTACT US​

CALL US​

Headquarters: (888) 446-2191

Sales Rep: (888) 282-8789

Text for a Quote: (760) 672-3540

OK guys, I have finished building the engine on this 1966 Valiant 200 4 door car and I am starting on the body. I am going to need a front windshield, clear if possible but that may be a problem. This one is a non a/c car but someone has put a tinted windshield in it back in the day so I am thinking that is what is available. The windshield is starting to cloud up so it has to come out. I did find one on ebay but does anybody know of anywhere else to get one without a second mortgage on my house. I have not been successful as of yet. Also I need a windshield weatherstrip for it. I did find one at Classic Industries and it is reasonable but anywhere else. I like options. The rear glass is ok but it is going to have to come out as well because the rubber has shrinked and brittle. Someone said they dont make rubbers for this '66 but Laysons has bulk weatherstrip. I did not see this on their website. May have overlooked this but does anybody know where else has this. I am going to bring this car back from sitting in the weeds for 30 years to how it looked when it came off the assy line if possible or as close to it as I can. It is being stripped right now. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,Bill
Try here Bill.

Vintage Car and Truck Windshield Repair | Dominion Auto Glass

Steele Rubber Products .. I used them for front, rear and side rubber seals .. 100% satisfied.. Don't know about glass ..

Check with your local glass shop for the glass.
Well, I found a windshield. I did check with my useless local glass shop and I about fell out of my chair. He said it was available and he can get it in about a day or so for $200. I am shocked. I guess I will order a new gasket from Classic and that is a couple of items marked off my list. Thanks guy for the responses.

Well, I found a windshield. I did check with my useless local glass shop and I about fell out of my chair. He said it was available and he can get it in about a day or so for $200. I am shocked. I guess I will order a new gasket from Classic and that is a couple of items marked off my list. Thanks guy for the responses.
Good to hear.

-
Back