need help

-

jubba

Reaction score
hello new to your site im from sw pa im a 55 yr old car buff just bought a 1966 valint that im restoreing to cruise and i need info on my vehicle
did i buy a A body type valiant/
were do i find parts
i need help first time mopar owner got this valiant at a steel runs great needs very little work on body id like to replace some body parts for newer. interior needs done i have everything tore out need floor pans and back fender lower clips. and lower door panels or door if i can find one everything else is good its got a 273 4bbl raceing trany and rear end runs fantastic i want to get it ready for cruising by may as i said i stole this at $1,000 tires slotted mags and engine worth more. Jubba

Hi, welcome aboard! I too have a 1966 Valiant. What you have is a A-body, people refer them as "early A-body" cars on this site (66-older). Most a-body parts you need will come from 63-66 a-body dodge and plymouth cars. A-body cars from 67-76 are a lot different! Ebay is a good place to find parts, also www.kramerauto.com has a lot of sheet metal. Try Year One, also Layson's Restorations has a lot of parts but I have heard NOTHING good about there service!! I would look at the for sale posts on this site, also post a wanted ad for parts you need! I have bought and sold stuff here before, very helpful people here! Good luck with your 66 Valiant!!

Jubba, welcome to the site. Those floorpans are available from autobodyspecialties.com. Be advised that I am 99% sure that doors from 1964 thru 1966 Valiants and Darts are all the same and are interchangeable if body styles are the same. Year One and Legendary are two of the better interior suppliers. Laysons also supplies parts for your car but they have a terrible reputation for not delivering. Used parts are abundantly available on Ebay and a lot of salvage yards in the midwest. What color is your car? There was a guy that was selling blue door and backseat panels on this site, and he still had them as of last week. Very inexpensive too. Post some pics of your car here when you get a chance, and good luck with your new ride. Mike

Welcome to this great site jubba!!! :wav:

Take a look around and post your needs and enjoy this site.

Lets take a peek at that 66. :blob:

Glad to have ya here. Where abouts you from in southwest PA? Waynesburg? Washington? I travel to Scottdale to the in laws every once in a while and am a graduate of RMU in Coraopolis. I now reside in Columbus Ohio.

-
Back