need help

-

Jmcginnis89

Reaction score
where can i find a performance cataloge for slant six so i can buy some parts to start a rebuild on my 74 plymouth Gold duster?

There is no single catalog for slant performance parts, any longer. The best thing to do is post here, and at slantsix.org and ask where to buy the part you are looking for. You will get replies, suggesting different sources.

Do like Charrlie_S said Jmcginnis89 :coffee2:
I get all of my /6 info here, from many great /6 builder/members.:colors:
Lets get that nice time capsule rolling smooth and and breathing better :colors:

The best performance parts are from Australia since they mainly had slant six's and commonly race them. Indeed, they have a special six we never had, I think they call the "Hemi 6". A company in the U.S. imports tuner parts, called "Aussie Parts" or such. Search for the "Hurricane" intake here. Runs ~$500, but would win gasps at car shows, if that is one of your goals.

Your car would be great for an "Al Bundy" sleeper look. Open the hood and see what the shoe salesman stuffed in there.

The best performance parts are from Australia since they mainly had slant six's and commonly race them. Indeed, they have a special six we never had, I think they call the "Hemi 6". A company in the U.S. imports tuner parts, called "Aussie Parts" or such. Search for the "Hurricane" intake here. Runs ~$500, but would win gasps at car shows, if that is one of your goals.

Your car would be great for an "Al Bundy" sleeper look. Open the hood and see what the shoe salesman stuffed in there.

Yes, Al Bundy should get an honorary Gold Membership to FABO for all the exposure his "DART" (Actuallly a '70 or '71 Plymouth Duster, I believe) received on "Married, With Children."

I cringed every time they called that car a "Dart." Still do...

Hell, even the car guys who write the magazines can't tell the difference; I think it was last month's Car Craft that had a picture of a Hemi-powered 1964 Valiant that they identified as a "Dart." I'll bet if it was a '64 Chevy II they wouldn't have called it a "Chevelle."

Disgusting...:eek:ops:

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 85
The best performance parts are from Australia since they mainly had slant six's and commonly race them.

There are some neat parts from Australia. The Hurricane manifolds, Timing sets, crank dampers, headers, etc. The big problem is the dollar exchange rate, and shipping charges. There is just as much equipment over here, just different. Shop around, and ask questions. A new Hurricane intake, will probably cost over $600 usa, where an Offie, or Clifford, can be found used for about $150-$200.
It all depends on what your plans are.

-
Back