Need help.

-

Tduff01

Reaction score
I have a 225 slant six in my 72 duster. There was some rigged up piece of crap throttle bracket on it. I got an original bracket and installed it. Now I need to know what is supposed to cover this hole in the side of the exhaust manifold right about the throttle bracket with the 2 studs.? The old rigged bracket used to cover it up.? Any help will is greatly appreciated.

1505690910593-1898546881.jpg

Find some type of gasket material to put under your plate.

Just get a replacement EGR gasket like the one dangling on the studs in the pic, it will take the heat & is made for the task. The block-off plate should be 1/8" thick min. or
thicker.........but first, what is blocking the center hole in the intake?

Just get a replacement EGR gasket like the one dangling on the studs in the pic, it will take the heat & is made for the task. The block-off plate should be 1/8" thick min. or
thicker.........but first, what is blocking the center hole in the intake?
Ok. Thanks. And the center hole just above where the EGR goes. There was nothing there. From what I could tell is just threads doesn't seem to be open in the end. Unless some here knows what should be there?

Ok. Thanks. And the center hole just above where the EGR goes. There was nothing there. From what I could tell is just threads doesn't seem to be open in the end. Unless some here knows what should be there?
The threaded hole is for a brace/bracket, the center hole where the EGR goes appears plugged, is it and what is in there?

Well, that is the port going to the exhaust. If it is welded or brazed, You won't have to worry about heat at the plate then, that's all. The rectangular port leads to the
plenum floor, so unless that has been sealed in the plenum( I brazed the one in My iron Super Six shut), You'll still need the block-off plate to stop a very large
vacuum leak!!!:thumbsup:

Well, that is the port going to the exhaust. If it is welded or brazed, You won't have to worry about heat at the plate then, that's all. The rectangular port leads to the
plenum floor, so unless that has been sealed in the plenum( I brazed the one in My iron Super Six shut), You'll still need the block-off plate to stop a very large
vacuum leak!!!:thumbsup:
Alright thanks. It much be welded or brazed because I've had the motor running before. It's just out for some work on the car. The old crappy rigged throttle bracket actually bolted there lol. Just hated it because it looked like crap that's why I got an actual bracket lol..
Here is the old bracket, like I said it blocked that section of anyway and I've had the car for several years running that way

20170409_181450.jpg

-
Back