Need pics for help please

-

Frank Dinatally

Reaction score
Hi again
Having trouble getting kick down linkage adjusted and today I was told I have the wrong linkage setup. Does anyone have pics of what the covet setup is
Thanks again
Frank

I can't be much help to you because I don't run a kick down linkage since I did my lokar setup but I would recommend that you post pictures of what you have currently. It'll help the other guys here with more experience help you with your problem

I can't be much help to you because I don't run a kick down linkage since I did my lokar setup but I would recommend that you post pictures of what you have currently. It'll help the other guys here with more experience help you with your problem
Here is pic

IMG_0134.jpeg

Here are some pictures of my 66 Barracuda. I'm still using the old school solid rod (there is one con, and I'm good with the possibility) but it works perfectly.

20240812_200432.jpg

20240812_200444.jpg

20240812_200501.jpg

If you look at my last picture, you'll see an adjustment there as well. I used both to fine tune when it upshifts. It took a lot of adjusting, test ride, adjusting, test ride, etc until it was where I wanted it.

Your seems fine at the carb. Except, some people don't like the solid rod because it could jam the throttle open. If that happens I'll just go into neutral and turn off the key!!

That looks like the correct factory kickdown linkage (at least as much of it as you showed), but you really need a throttle stud instead of pinching the carb linkage with the throttle cable end.
1723512817414.png

Look at the rest of the linkage in my photo (zoom in)from what 66fyssh shows.
And I have no idea what Professor Fate is telling you.
IMG_1077.jpeg

He's seeing the end of the throttle cable locked in by the bolt. Here's mine that still swivels.
20240812_204140.jpg

Yes, the 2bbl and 4bbl use a different bellcrank and the end socket section of the forward rod is longer on a 4bbl. The bellcrank is not only offset, it also curves forward.

-
Back