Need some expertise in Ohio!

-

The Rev

Reaction score
Hey everybody!

So I sold the family minivan and instead of replacing it with another van or SUV, my wife has given the green light to put the money into the 71 Scamp! Long story short, my dad owned one almost identical when I was a kid and it's beenbmy dream car ever since. I bought it on eBay with a /6 and auto trans (904?) that had already been pulled. I have a 318 (just like Dad's car) from a 71 Dart that needs gone through and the transmission (727?) with it.

I plan to go through and replace all brake lines, wheel cylinders, fuel lines, gas tank, etc. But what I really could use is someone who has been through this process and might be able to help give me some insights. Does anyone know of someone near the Dayton, OH area? Are there local MOPAR groups that I might be able to join? I know this is a long shot, lol. But I'm excited to get started on this project! I just don't want to waste a bunch of time and money making mistakes. I'm hoping to be up and rolling in the next couple months!

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Hey everybody!

So I sold the family minivan and instead of replacing it with another van or SUV, my wife has given the green light to put the money into the 71 Scamp! Long story short, my dad owned one almost identical when I was a kid and it's beenbmy dream car ever since. I bought it on eBay with a /6 and auto trans (904?) that had already been pulled. I have a 318 (just like Dad's car) from a 71 Dart that needs gone through and the transmission (727?) with it.

I plan to go through and replace all brake lines, wheel cylinders, fuel lines, gas tank, etc. But what I really could use is someone who has been through this process and might be able to help give me some insights. Does anyone know of someone near the Dayton, OH area? Are there local MOPAR groups that I might be able to join? I know this is a long shot, lol. But I'm excited to get started on this project! I just don't want to waste a bunch of time and money making mistakes. I'm hoping to be up and rolling in the next couple months!

Thanks in advance for any insights!
Follow Jim Kueneman's posts about his 72 Duster build with his daughter. It's the best tutorial out there hands down! Most of it will apply to your car also.

-
Back