Need some HELP with my Jeep

-

Jason96R

Reaction score
Just went to roll up my windows in my Grand Cherokee, and pass front window will not go up will only move a couple inches up and down. Also, now all of the sudden I cannot open the door from the outside. I cannot push in the button from the outside it stays out. If I make the window go up and down, as much as it will, and put my thumb on the outside button at the same time I can feel it in the button. It's the middle of the night so I can't see anything. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Jason

it sounds like the linkage came apart int eh door and is hooked on the top of the window. it happens but its a pain to deal with... take the door panel off and see whats binding.

That's typical for a grand cherokee. what year? My 2002 has had three of the four break so far, My wife is driving it now w/ the rear window half way down, because my tools are in storage. the regulators us cables withe each end anchored to the window by a plastic clip, the plastic bends & the cable comes out. Thw forst one was covered under warrenty, the second I fixed w/ a 3" piece of coat hanger, hopefully I can do the same with this one. the regulators are $200+ each.

-
Back