Need some info on MPG/performance

-

milehivaliant

Reaction score
New to Mopar cars, just bought a 62 2dr Valiant with the 170cid /6. runs really well has the 3 on the tree. been reading the forum about these motors and all that you can do to these little motors. would like to get the most HP out of it without breaking the bank, any help would be great.

Thanks

about the best upgrade most members make is the super six stuff which consists of the 2 barrel intake insted of 1 and a larger exhaust manifold

Thanks for the reply, not sure everything i will need for the Super Six. New intake w/2bbl carb, but as far as exhaust does that mean Headers or ? and where do i get the parts for this mod.

the super six exhaust manifold is no different than the one barrel exhaust manifold. they went to a larger pipe but the manifold is the same. also you will have trouble putting the super six setup on your 62 because it has throttle linkage and the super uses a throttle cable, some fabrication will be needed on your part.

the super six exhaust manifold is no different than the one barrel exhaust manifold. they went to a larger pipe but the manifold is the same. also you will have trouble putting the super six setup on your 62 because it has throttle linkage and the super uses a throttle cable, some fabrication will be needed on your part.

They're the same except '72 and under has a closed style choke stove pocket which will need to be slightly modified if that's the style exhaust manifold you will be using. I'm pretty sure you won't need to do any fabrication for the throttle cable if you use ATP #Y156, 19-1/2" throttle cable used on factory super six cars (and 318ci equipped cars, all years.) Not hard to get.
I would not go with headers as you would sacrifice the ease of starting in cold with the choke. That super six article will explain exhaust options.
This is what I am doing for exhaust:
http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46887

They're the same except '72 and under has a closed style choke stove pocket which will need to be slightly modified if that's the style exhaust manifold you will be using.

my 68 and my 73 have no differences between them...

I'm pretty sure you won't need to do any fabrication for the throttle cable if you use ATP #Y156, 19-1/2" throttle cable used on factory super six cars (and 318ci equipped cars, all years.) Not hard to get.

you missed the point... a 62 has a linkage style throttle system... yes it can be converted to a cable system but its not a bolt in deal...

at the very least, you will have to change to a cable style throtle pedal and drill a new hole in the firewall. that is if you get all the brackets for the super six. the less you get, the more you will have to fab.

-
Back