Need Some Technical Advice Please

-

1969340dart

Reaction score
I am installing my new linkage on my 69 Dart A body trans and it is not working out correctly.I think I may have the wron Hurst mounting plate.Does anyone know the correct Part# or #'s to the mounting plates for a 69 A Body. Also where can I purchase the correct one if mine is wrong! The one I have is HURST # 195 0090 any help is greatly appreciated,trying to get everything completed so we can get the new engine and trans setup installed.

Thanks

Bobby

I am installing my new linkage on my 69 Dart A body trans and it is not working out correctly.I think I may have the wron Hurst mounting plate.Does anyone know the correct Part# or #'s to the mounting plates for a 69 A Body. Also where can I purchase the correct one if mine is wrong! The one I have is HURST # 195 0090 any help is greatly appreciated,trying to get everything completed so we can get the new engine and trans setup installed.

Thanks

Bobby

That is the correct part number for A- and F-bodies. Maybe early A-bodies used a different shifter mounting plate?

Are you sure you have the correct shifter rods and shifter?

I can take a pic of my shifter mounting plate if needed...

I just bought a set of the ROPOP RODS AND LEVERS from a place in canada and they are the correct ones,they match up pretty close to the originals I have. Also the notches on the shifter arms are matching to the originals I have.I just opted to go with the new set because they will be tighter and look better. I actually got it working but one shifter rod the swivel is actually past the end of the threads about 1/8 of an inch. Any body have a picture of an actuall A Body shifter and linkage mounted to the trans so I can make sure I have everything on correctly.

Thanks

Bobby

Here's a pic of an F-body setup on an A-833 O.D:

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/40618_a_833_manual_transmission_swap/photo_07.html

'nother, though this is an F-body Inland shifter:

abodyshiftlinkage.jpg

-
Back