Need to dent ceramic coated Headers

-
That may be impossible, but, with a soft rag over the coating and a heavier opne on top of that, I'd give it a wack.

Think like a cotten towel from the bathroom/shower and denim over it.

I hear ya, still, a hell of alot better than manifolds.

What's your soulution to this delemia?

I hear ya, still, a hell of alot better than manifolds.

What's your solution to this delemia?
i doubt there is one, short of dent the header and get it recoated. i think the ceramic is to "hard" to flex with the metal under it and it is just going to flake off. how big of a dent is going to be needed? if it were small, it the cushioning might very well work. at this point, if the dent is necessary, you are going to have to do what you have to and deal with whatever happens from it.

stupid thought, what if you paced a cushion on it, like Rumble suggested, then placed a socket on the header to kind of spread the impact further out?

I would some sort of a compression tool.Never liked blunt force to alter any metal accurately.Plus I think you will have more control.That's if you can apply such a tool. My .028)

I would some sort of a compression tool.Never liked blunt force to alter any metal accurately.Plus I think you will have more control.That's if you can apply such a tool. My .028)
like maybe one of those balljoint/ujoint c-clamp tools??

I think you guys are on drugs. I don't think it's possible. Call the manufacturer and ask........... while you have them on the phone you might ask why the damn things don't fit.

My $.02.

The coating will act just like chrome. It might look ok after, but it WILL be separated from the steel, and it's downhill from there. Re-coating may be the only permanent fix, and not too costly.

Thanks I guess I'll try the heat and whack technique that works on regular headers!! Why can't they make a header after 30 years that fits and doesn't cost a small fortune!!

Thanks for the input

I think you guys are on drugs. I don't think it's possible. Call the manufacturer and ask........... while you have them on the phone you might ask why the damn things don't fit.

My $.02.

Hey my drugs have nothing to do with it lol

-
Back