Needed: Vacuum hose diagram - '73 Duster 318 2bbl

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
anyone have any clue where to find this vacuum diagram at?? My buddy Derek really needs this to get his Duster sorted out. I've been trying to get him on here to no avail so here I am posting looking for a vacuum diagram to his car, or something close enough. Any help here would be really appreciated, I cant seem to find it anywhere on here or on the net. Mostly diagrams for slant 6s.

The factory diagram for that model might do more harm than good. The 73 had a nox valve and a few other emissions related things that you wouldn't want or need to hook up.

The factory diagram for that model might do more harm than good. The 73 had a nox valve and a few other emissions related things that you wouldn't want or need to hook up.
I need some kind of diagram, I pretty much only know my Dart and that is kinda sorta.:dark1:

I'll look in my service manual later, but really all he needs is one line from carb to distributor (ported), one from carb to PCV and one from manifold to brake booster if equipped with PB. All of the other junk that was on mine went in the circular file.

I'll look in my service manual later, but really all he needs is one line from carb to distributor (ported), one from carb to PCV and one from manifold to brake booster if equipped with PB. All of the other junk that was on mine went in the circular file.
Thank you. Thats about all that is hooked up on my Dart but I didn't know if I could get away with that on his car. Looks like a damn emissions mess from what little I see in my ancient chilton's manual.

There were several things on my engine that had vac lines going to them, not sure exactly what they were, and like I said I took them off and pitched em. Try bypassing them and hook up the three mentioned in my previous post and see how it runs before you remove them. If it starts and runs good, then that should give you the answer. The way I see it there is less potential for a vac leak LOL.

darTT,
I can send you some digitals of the vaccum diagram from my shop manual tonite if you need them.

PM me your e-mail address and I shoot them to you asap.

Wire-1.jpg

Wire-2.jpg

Wire-3.jpg

Wire-4.jpg

-
Back