Neutral Safety Switch, 1 or 3 prong?

-
Gaz,
Great pic and great info! Thank you.. And I was trying to figure out that calendar and I just gave up on it. My last question would be... Short or long switch? They changeded between 84 and 85 yet with my trans being so late in 84 makes me wonder..

Sorry John but I can't give you a sure fire answer as to the long or short NSS. All I can say is when I used to work for the Blue Oval, they brought out the new year model immediately after the plant summer vacation. That is for example the '85 models would be introduced around August of '84. I can only imagine that Chrysler & GM did the same thing. So maybe your trans, although being assembled in December '84, falls into the '85 production year.
I think maybe the only certain method without going out & buying 2 switches, is to measure the distance from the NSS seat on the housing to the rooster comb with a depth gauge.
I'm sorry that I cant help you further.
Cheers. Gaz

Well the one on it now is the long one, but only has one post.. Just weird to me.. I'll go with long 3 post and hope for the best!

Well all they had was the short one and it seems to be working.. Guess I'll find out more when or if I ever get power to it... Thanks for everyone's input..

I've interchanged the long and short switches with no issue. In fact the only difference I've seen in them is the plug is a little different. My apologies for not telling you the outer terminals of the switch are for reverse only. The middle pin is the one you should be using for the neutral start. You can completely ignore the outer terminals cause as Gaz mentioned your car has the reverse light switch by the shifter.

-
Back