neutral saftey switch

-

jrosey

Reaction score
got a 69 dart 3 prong nss harness and a 727 with 1 wire nss from 70 Newport. I have read conflicting post on Google where some say you can put a 3 wire nss in trans and its fine but others say it won't work. Can I do that or what other options are there? I could wire the middle wire to it and it should work? Just wouldn't have reverse lights?

Makes little sense to me. Everything 69 up went three wire to my knowledge. Are you sure the 70 Newport is as such! Give more explanation of the year trans. Perhaps some One swapped in a 68 or earlier NSS in the Newport. Rooster comb On the VB determines.

All i know is I pulled the 383 and trans from a 70 Newport some time ago. I find it funny because I read that 69 and up is a 3 wire

I thought 67 thru 69 used reverse lights switch on the column or console

My 69 is through the NSS.

It is both NSS and BU lights.

got a 69 dart 3 prong nss harness and a 727 with 1 wire nss from 70 Newport. I have read conflicting post on Google where some say you can put a 3 wire nss in trans and its fine but others say it won't work. Can I do that or what other options are there? I could wire the middle wire to it and it should work? Just wouldn't have reverse lights?

There's a slight difference in the 'rooster' bracket inside the trans that triggers the NSS... I believe that there are two different rooster brackets for the three prong NSS... You need to find out what rooster bracket is in the trans and get the proper three prong NSS to work with it...

It's been a few years since I ran across this...

Here ya go!!

38989212wr.jpg

-
Back