New Barracuda Owner

-

CoolCuda68

Reaction score
Hey all! Greetings from North Carolina (by way of Canada)! Happy to be here!

Recently acquired a 1968 Barracuda convertible restoration/restomod project.

I actually owned a 1967 version back in the mid-90s. Loved that car but had to let it go on account of being too young and poor at the time to properly maintain it. I’ve always regretted it and swore when I was better resourced I’d get another, and so here we are!

Admittedly this type of thing is outside my normal wheelhouse, but willing to learn and get my hands dirty. Hopefully with some determination and guidance (and parts) I can get this beauty back to running and looking great.

IMG_6636.jpeg

Hey all! Greetings from North Carolina (by way of Canada)! Happy to be here!

Recently acquired a 1968 Barracuda convertible restoration/restomod project.

I actually owned a 1967 version back in the mid-90s. Loved that car but had to let it go on account of being too young and poor at the time to properly maintain it. I’ve always regretted it and swore when I was better resourced I’d get another, and so here we are!

Admittedly this type of thing is outside my normal wheelhouse, but willing to learn and get my hands dirty. Hopefully with some determination and guidance (and parts) I can get this beauty back to running and looking great.

View attachment 1716265019
Great cars! I had my '68 for going on 17 years now. It just keeps on evolving.

Over that time, I've upgraded to 4 wheel disc brakes, did a full suspension upgrade, welded in a full US Cartool Chassis Stiffening kit and added big bolt pattern wheels.

After rebuilding and enjoying the Slant 6 for 10 years, I swapped in an EFI Magnum and an overdrive. In the next month it's getting a supercharged 408" Magnum and re-geared and beefed up 4L60e.

IMG_7239.PNG

20240510_181759(1).jpg

-
Back