New Bucket Seat Swap?

-

1972Swinger

Reaction score
My car currently has a really torn up split bench up front. Well, I am not a big fan of bench seats, and want to swap it out. After seeing how hard it is to find original bucket seats, I am currently thinking of swapping in a set of Bucket Seats out of a newer junkyard car.

Does anybody know any model seats that will work with no or very little fabrication? I would prefer to stay with Dodge seats, but would use just about anything that works.

Thanks. The car is a '72 Dart Swinger.

80 magunms. mirata,cmx. those work eazy. als

P1011136.jpg

P1011138.jpg

My car currently has a really torn up split bench up front. Well, I am not a big fan of bench seats, and want to swap it out. After seeing how hard it is to find original bucket seats, I am currently thinking of swapping in a set of Bucket Seats out of a newer junkyard car.

Does anybody know any model seats that will work with no or very little fabrication? I would prefer to stay with Dodge seats, but would use just about anything that works.

Thanks. The car is a '72 Dart Swinger.

Nissan Pathfinder, but the ones in BOF I'm not really happy with mounting, but I'm sure you could do better than the person who did ours before we bought her! But the seats look really cool, electric adjust and sit well too!8)
Wish I had better pics of em!
Hope this helps Good Luck!

67 seats1.jpg

67seats2.jpg

67seats3.jpg

The ones in my car were from a Pontiac Fiero. They fit okay and feel pretty good. I had to put seat covers on them though because the seats are tan. I am looking to replace them. This is the best pic I currently have of them.
Picture_009.jpg

I used 4 buckets out of early 2000-2003 cavaliers in my 65.. The fronts are from a 2 door and flip forward and recline,, the rears are from a 4 door so they recline but do not flip forward.. All from the fronts of the cavalier

30 bucks each in perfect shape..

Not the best pictures, but shows the shape and materials

front seats.jpg

rear seats.jpg

Hi guys new here i could be wrong but your "pathfinder" seats looks Really similar to what comes ina 97-2003 Grand prix either way they look good, i am looking at swapping newer seats in or getting factory recovered and im unsure as to which way i will go yet

I kind of like the Fiero seats. I never would have thought! Was the install pretty easy? That center console "look" with the shifter is pretty cool looking.

Galactic Eyes,

Whats that console/center armrest from ?

I just switched to buckets, added a floor shifter simular to yours, and I've been thinking of some kind of console, or at least something like you have.

Is it home made, or out of some other car ?

-
Back