New car - Real V02 Code

-

John Martin

Reaction score
I just picked up a car that I was going to use as a sheet metal donor, but turns out it is very unique and I actually turned out to like it enough to save it. It’s a 1970 Dart Custom sedan with a 225. That may sound Plain Jane and dull, but this car was like $3500 brand new and it is a V02 car. I will try to post some pics soon.

Welcome to the site sounds like a pretty sweet 70, def wanna see some pics. My buddy has a 70 Dart GT slant 6. Dustin

Fender tag

517D18DC-74F6-4D78-A3D3-0C5779D4E640.jpeg

Here it is before it was parted out, before I purchased it. Trunk floor was totally gone. It was wrecked on the left side. I have since gotten the LR door unjammed, and I have removed the rotted rear end.

77EA2CDE-A7D0-4EF5-A764-0350D6F87498.jpeg

Painted top. not all that rare. Too bad it's a 4 door.

Painted top. not all that rare. Too bad it's a 4 door.

Funny how that works. All the threads where someone posts a two door car with a V02 paint code everyone goes crazy.

Too bad you feel that way. Sedans are practical and one that cost as much as a Coronet is an odd ball especially with it being highly optioned. Someone really went all out with it.

Funny how that works. All the threads where someone posts a two door car with a V02 paint code everyone goes crazy.

Too bad you feel that way. Sedans are practical and one that cost as much as a Coronet is an odd ball especially with it being highly optioned. Someone really went all out with it.
I see a slant 6 car in F8. It has some fancy chrome and air. They made over 13,000 of them in 70. I am not saying it's a bad car, just not rare, valuable, or collectible.

Some of us LOVE the four doors. :)

So if it is 'too bad' in your opinion that is just too bad for you.

I have to agree. I know that sedans aren’t “mainstream cool” I know it’s a slant six, that’s what makes it different. Everybody does two-doors, again nothing wrong with them, it’s a preference. I like all Mopars, you can’t appreciate the hardtops without the sedans.

I have a Charger and I know what it’s like to drive a beast that will snap your neck back and ask for 10 gallons of 93 on a daily basis. Sometimes it’s nice to enjoy a car that will take you from A to B and still get 24mpg with classic looks.

Last edited:
My 1970 Valiant sedan with the original 318, 3-speed stick & 3.23 gears averages 21.5 MPG & it drives like a mini Road Runner, it will even chirp the tires on a spirited 1-2 shift.

Having two more doors is an extra bonus. :)

A few of mine on Plymouth Hill here in Moredoor, PA;

Plymouth Hill in Moredoor, PA.JPG

I’m quite happy with the car. I bought it for $150. Then got some parts back for $400. I replaced the engine that was removed and the bad transmission with a k-frame and complete front suspension for $250.

I upgraded the front suspension for $200 with a sway bar and control arms, then converted to K-H disc brakes for $400.

Yeah, it’s not a Panther Pink or Hemi Orange Swinger 340 with a 3-speed and a A31 package, but you will see one of those before you see another two-tone anything. I’ve only seen a handful and mine is the only one in person.

I like that. An A, a B and a C.

And yet, I have been called an 'E-body snob' on another forum. I have to remind people at times that my love runs deep & is not limited to color, body type or size.

It is all Mopar with this kid.

For the record, I also LOVE green.

Never, ever ignore the most important 'able' of all - Lovable. ;-)

I had a bare bones Dart a few years ago. I fell in love with that car. I sat in this one and I felt like I was at home. It was like I was with an old friend I hadn’t seen in forever.

That’s the thing. The two cars separate seem unremarkable, but together they are cool since they are opposites.

The Dart has a tinted windshield, automatic transmission, and an AM radio. Monotone paint. It was a late-build L. A. car and it was a sold car to Illinois

The Dart Custom has A/C, bumper guards, two tone paint, power steering, wheel covers, white line tires, and so on. It was an early-build Windsor car that went south.

My Gold one is registered with hamtramck-historical. Lol

And yet, I have been called an 'E-body snob' on another forum. I have to remind people at times that my love runs deep & is not limited to color, body type or size.

It is all Mopar with this kid.

For the record, I also LOVE green.

My Charger is F3 green and I hated it at first. I actually like it now. F8 is a great color, after all Mopar brought it back.

Thanks.

As a historian, I respect them all.

The sedans & wagons & low performance 2-doors were Chryslers bread & butter, they fed the sales that helped keep the lines moving.

Without those sales, can you imagine being able to produce very limited number Hemi cars?

Low sales with them.

Our more humble cars helped make the higher cost ones possible.

Without the base models, the higher end cars would have never paid the bills for the corporation.

I had a few all doors in my day. Same as my hardtops except 2 extra doors. Nice cars like all Mopars. The practical part of me says no to the 4 doors. Watch how much money you put into them. When you sell, and you will, you can seriously loose your azz. The 4 door cars are easily worth half of the 2 door cars. I know nothing about John. He seemed excited about the car and that it was a painted top car. I wanted to let him know the car is a slant 6, 4 door, F8 with a painted roof. There is a caveat there and sometimes hard to read into a members mind. He seemed to think it was special which it really isn't. Special to him is good though. Just trying to provide a different angle about the car. No hate!

Here is the car now. Not all the same color anymore but it is on its way back from the dead.

It was literally a shell and the front clip was removed.

72B6ECB7-6F68-4B17-9BEE-2A5846BA6D4D.jpeg

I had a few all doors in my day. Same as my hardtops except 2 extra doors. Nice cars like all Mopars. The practical part of me says no to the 4 doors. Watch how much money you put into them. When you sell, and you will, you can seriously loose your azz. The 4 door cars are easily worth half of the 2 door cars. I know nothing about John. He seemed excited about the car and that it was a painted top car. I wanted to let him know the car is a slant 6, 4 door, F8 with a painted roof. There is a caveat there and sometimes hard to read into a members mind. He seemed to think it was special which it really isn't. Special to him is good though. Just trying to provide a different angle about the car. No hate!

I understand. One thing for me is to be different. Reading Mopar Action a few years ago when my first Dart was running and driving, to see Dave Walden turn a Valiant into such a gorgeous car was inspirational.

The car is actually a long term project for my parents. They want to go to Florida so this car is a perfect match: A/C, white roof, slant six, P/S, and being a sedan.

I understand. One thing for me is to be different. Reading Mopar Action a few years ago when my first Dart was running and driving, to see Dave Walden turn a Valiant into such a gorgeous car was inspirational.

The car is actually a long term project for my parents. They want to go to Florida so this car is a perfect match: A/C, white roof, slant six, P/S, and being a sedan.
May be you will find a build sheet. ANy paperwork on the car? Where was it delivered to? A/C with a white painted roof nay have come from down south.

May be you will find a build sheet. ANy paperwork on the car? Where was it delivered to? A/C with a white painted roof nay have come from down south.

I bought the car from a guy in Birmingham, Alabama. I don’t remember but he said it may have been from Georgia. I found two partial build sheets, unfortunately the mice thought they were delicious.

I bought the car from a guy in Birmingham, Alabama. I don’t remember but he said it may have been from Georgia. I found two partial build sheets, unfortunately the mice thought they were delicious.
Y05 tells me it was a ordered car and not a sales bank car. Purposely built for the customer.

-
Back