New for PST in 2014 Mopar Greasable Pivot Shafts $109 a Set

-

PST

Marketing Manager
FABO Vendor
Reaction score

New PST’s greasable pivot shafts for the A, B, & E Body Mopars, these shafts are the perfect additions to our Polygraphite front rebuild kit or any performance suspension upgrade. These reduce friction as well as prolong the life of your Polygraphite bushings and allow for smoother travel throughout its range of motion. Kits comes complete with two greasble shafts, Polygraphite bushings, outer shells and grade 8 hardware

• Improves handling and corrects the loose feel caused by worn pivot shafts
• Allows for bind-free range of motion
• Recommended when installing a Polygraphite Front End
• Shafts are precision machined from high strength steel for years of abuse.

These are a new product guy so please be patient they will be up on our website shortly. Till then orders will need to be placed by phone.

Hi James:

So I picked up a set of these greasable pivots along with all the other front end goodies for my 73 Duster. Without actually trying to press the shaft into the bushing and the whole works into the LCA, it seems like you can put it all together by hand. I could be wrong but if so, what holds the LCA on the shaft once the car is back together? The Torsion bar? Maybe I'm missing something - can you shed some light on this for me?

Thanks, Larry

I understand what you are explaining exactly. Are you doing this with the parts in your hand or have you already installed them in the arm ? There is a crush factory so as you install the sleeve the bushing and the shaft it will get tighter. The pivot shaft is the pivot point for the k member to the outside portion of the suspension (meaning the control arm). The control arm and pivot shaft are held in part from forward and backward movement by the torsion bar from the rear and the strut rod in the front. I hope this explanation makes sense. If not please feel free to call me and I will do a better job over the phone.

Thanks
James

Hi James,

I just picked up the polygraphite super front end Kit and was wondering why PST didn't choose to bundle these poly LCA bushings (rather than the standard rubber set) with the kit? I'm referring to the bushings not the Pivots.

Thanks in advance

-AlV

I'm guessing the grease zert goes in the threaded end of the pivot bolt?

Here is one I pressed one in last night.

Thanks
James

-
Back