New Graveyard Carz episode

-

Joey4speed

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Friday 8/14s new GYC episode on Motortrend begins the lost and found restoration of the 68 GTS convertible.
The episode description is:
"An exceptionally-kept survivor Daytona is finally getting the attention it deserves during assembly ".
But about half the show is all about the GTS.
Mark was all business and not being silly at all.
Not bad.

It was a good episode. You're right, no funny business at all out of Mark.

Well, just the little trick on the question about what front end the Demon has. His 3 choices were Coronet, Charger, or Challenger. Then he came back after the break and "if you picked either one you are wrong!" Lol.

Other than that it was a good show. Great background on the original owners of the Dart.

Yes. All Dart parts...
Nice job on the chronology.
The owner was on the GTS Registry Facebook and mentioned his car was being aired tonight.
Good all around

i have the motortrend streaming. they had a year special deal for $23.99 with no commercials. for some reason graveyard carz new episodes dont show up till mondays on there. love the show but i hate the constant digital looking transistions they do though.

As far as we have understood,,our gts should appear in several episodes, as Mark is enthusiastic about being able to showcase things that they dont normally get to do, as so few Abody owners send cars to him for restoration. He has been more than supportive and eager to do an Abody,, just waited for the right one to come up.

Wasn’t the GTS owned by a lady? She was shown hugging the car in the woods. She even raced it back in the day.

One of my favorite episodes.

Wasn’t the GTS owned by a lady? She was shown hugging the car in the woods. She even raced it back in the day.

One of my favorite episodes.
my parents sat down together and ordered it new,, my mom insisted on a convertible and a 4 speed, and yes, she drag raced it at island dragway, with my dad as the "mechanic" ,, and she still has her trophies!

Jack, so that was you on The GTS registry FB?
Im guessing your car is finished (in real time) and home safe.
Did you or will you show it at Carlisle PA?
Joe

Jack, so that was you on The GTS registry FB?
Im guessing your car is finished (in real time) and home safe.
Did you or will you show it at Carlisle PA?
Joe
yep,,its me, and no the filming is actually pretty close to real time for our car. Just 2 weeks ago we spent time with mark answering his questions on little details as he prepared his info for the episode filming. Alot of customers have temporarily suspended their restorations right now, so mark decided to run our car through non stop, and it should be finished by December,, and if so, yes, we will have it at Carlisle.

Alot of customers have temporarily suspended their restorations right now, so mark decided to run our car through non stop, and it should be finished by December
Would love to hear a real world accounting of the process, results, timeline, cost, etc.

My dart convert needs a restoration.

i have the motortrend streaming. they had a year special deal for $23.99 with no commercials. for some reason graveyard carz new episodes dont show up till mondays on there. love the show but i hate the constant digital looking transistions they do though.
Yeah digital crap is annoying, i thought something was wrong at first.

It's been a welcome surprise that Mark has almost totally eliminated his stupid BS that was to the point of making the show unwatchable. I saw @jack68gts car in the background a few shows back, and figured it was in que to get some air time. Great story with that car, and it will be nice to watch it come back to life. :)

No doubt, Mark was on point, and did the A body world alot of justice.
Jack, I cannot wait to see your GTS next year at Carlisle! This is a pretty big deal for us A body people...Will the Mopar Nats showcase you in a special place?

Would love to hear a real world accounting of the process, results, timeline, cost, etc.

My dart convert needs a restoration.
Yes, that would be good to find out eventually.
I heard GYC charges 100k up front, plus extra expenses in the end.
Probably a lot different if they actually showcase your build on TV.
The backstory is the icing on the cake for the TV show. The only other A body story I recall on GYC was the Green Duster, it was a rebuild to the owners' spec as a kid from Yonkers, NY, now in his 60s. They found a donor car and made it happen.
Good stuff.

Last edited:
No doubt, Mark was on point, and did the A body world alot of justice.
Jack, I cannot wait to see your GTS next year at Carlisle! This is a pretty big deal for us A body people...Will the Mopar Nats showcase you in a special place?
I'm hoping so! I've spoken to Ed about it,,and if it does get finished over the winter,, it will fresh off of tv just before Carlisle,,,,so it's getting consideration,,and unofficially George is interested in joining us for the weekend,, as he has never been to Carlisle, but is anxious to see it.

Yes, that would be good to find out eventually.
I heard GYC charges 100k up front, plus extra expenses in the end.
Probably a lot different if they actually showcase your build on TV.
The backstory is the icing on the cake for the TV show. The only other A body story I recall on GYC was the Green Duster, it was a rebuild to the owners' spec as a kid from Yonkers, NY, now in his 60s. They found a donor car and made it happen.
Good stuff.
letting them use the car for the show drastically cut costs,,,this restoration is costing less than my 2015 ram 3500. I cant give an exact figure,,,but I can hint lol.

Good news Jack.
I hope curious George can make it. (ask him to bring Alyssa and Uncle Dougie), lol.
We will have a blast, cant wait for next year.
Enjoy.

my parents sat down together and ordered it new,, my mom insisted on a convertible and a 4 speed, and yes, she drag raced it at island dragway, with my dad as the "mechanic" ,, and she still has her trophies!
That is so cool. I don't remember Mark saying, is the original block/trans still in the car?

How did you actually contact them? If you can't say publicly PM please.
I first went to tony d'agostino to buy parts, and asked him if he could recommend a local shop. Tony told me call Mark. I called GYC, told them Tony told me to call,, I spoke to someone in the office, she asked what kind of car, year, etc. She said she would pass it on to mark. 20 minutes later mark called, asked me to give more info, and wanted more detail on the back story of selling, then finding, the next day we had a thorough, ironclad firm price. We signed on that day.

That is so cool. I don't remember Mark saying, is the original block/trans still in the car?
Original trans,,,with correct dated 67 340,,,the trans was still with it, inside the garage, and the sequence number is stamped backwards and in reverse, Mark said they loaded the dies in the number punch backwards in the factory

Congratulations Jack on finding your mom’s GTS.

I can’t wait to see it getting restored.

He miss read the data plate, he said the 52 was the tire code when it is the engine code. He has said in the past he is not up on pre 69 codes.

Alan

-
Back