new guy

-

Dave377

Reaction score
Hi guys.I am new guy from ohio and I need some info. First let me say that I have been read your forms for a week or two. I am in the process of trading my mustang drag car for a 1970 dart 340 4 speed car. this is where I need some help. I would lkie to know the value of this car it is very very nice no rust great paint Dark Green has origanal engine and trans 323 pos 8:3/4 rear full seat car super nice inside no rips and super clean. The 340 does have a hdy 505 or 508 cam alum. intake coated headers and comes with all the parts the was taken off has new exh from headers back to rear with the tips at the bumper The car has five stock raly wheels with new tires comes with factory tack and shifter. this car drives out like a new car. So what is a fair price. I thik I am going to trade just don,t want to get took. My drage car is a alston chassie car 2200 pounds and runs 9:76 with 377cid smale block. So tell me what you think

if it is a numbers matching car and does not need anything, I would think in the area of 15 to 18 k ... although we have seen many of them for sale asking twice that much. I am sure the rest of the guys here will add their opinions too.

by the way ...welcome to the site

68 GTS 340 thanks for the reply I am thinking the dart should be in the 15to17 range also. This car has only had three onwer the best I can tell with the last two owning it for 20 years. I belive I am going to go ahead and make the trade so I may have lots of questions as a new mopar a body owner. WhaT does every one else think abput the deal.

I think its a prettysweet dea;. I went from mustangs to the a-bodies as well. )4 MAch 1 and a 88 5.0 5spd vert that i might be getting back. The dart 340 4-speed cars are probably my favorite of the a-bodies. Hell a 340 4-speed anything from the factory is something to get and hold on to. GL with the trade and these guys are loaded with info.

Hey welcome Dave377. Sounds like a good trade to me, of course I could be a little partial to A body Mopars. It sounds like your Mustang drag car is nice but I figure any time you can get in a Mopar it's got to be a good thing. Good luck and keep us posted.

Welcome to the site Dave. :thumblef:

pic4.JPG

Welcome aboard Dave377! A mopar for a blue oval, sweet deal run with it. Then again thhat is my biased opinion, but numbers matching all original that would fetch some hi dollars in pristine condition. I have see these range in price and it seems like your ball park is reasonable, I have seen them around $ 22,000.00 too.

You'll have access to any info you need on here for sure, 70 swinger is my favorite ride goood choice :thumblef:

Well looks like the deal fell throw got a email last night say that the dart is sold. I will keep looking. I do think this is a very informative board. Thanks Guys

Hey Dave377 welcome
Sorry to here of the deal sounded like a nice car
I do have to agree about this forum being very informative :thumblef:

checking in to see what is going on with every one. As for me I have not made a deal yet on my drag car yet but I will in time, It seam like people want you to give things away I know you never get what they are worth but when you list it at close to 60% of the value you would think it would sale. I have had so many people wanting to trade another drag car for it. But I listed that I would trade for a nice street car if I wanted to drag race I would keep my car. Sory about ramboling on. Hope every one is enjoying the nice weather

-
Back