New Hemi Security

-

snapetwo

Reaction score
Ok, So in another thread we were talkign about wiring and splicing and all that good stuff for a 5.7 swap. OMG

So I am looking at buying a computer from a junkyard or online. Maybe getting it flashed at hotwireauto or another spot.

These places can't flash a computer with security...the RFID key.

How do i know what to look for? being a junkyard car or whatever, there is no guarantee that I would be able to find one or even be told truth.

Any suggestions?

FYI, I am aware you can buy a new computer...its to much for me right now.

I just sent my computer to B&G Chrysler yesterday and the removed SKIM with no problems. It's on it's way back already today.

But you had to verify a Vin or something right?

I made sure I got an ECU with a vin number attached to it. Called my local yard and got an ECU and pedal for $200. Both came with the vin number stuck right on it. It's tough when you first get going but you will soon learn who to talk with and who has a clue. When you get overwhelmed just step back and prioritize.

I dont think you have to have the vin number. The vin number comes up in the software if I remember right.

The VIN # should be programmed in the ECU. We used to have to program the VIN # when we replaced them when I worked at the Dealer.

generally you need it to prep a new ecm. It is a good idea to get the vin with the ecm and most places make it a practice to include it if you buy it from a wrecking yard

If you have questions PM me and I'll be more than willing to give you my contact info to help out.

I sent my 04 PCM to Chris at Hotwire and he re-programmed it without needing a VIN. I never had the Vin and didn't need one. The dealers want one because they don't trust that you have good intentions.

I sent my 04 PCM to Chris at Hotwire and he re-programmed it without needing a VIN. I never had the Vin and didn't need one. The dealers want one because they don't trust that you have good intentions.

Well......................... They may be right! I just cant wait to see the dealerships face when i roll in for an oil change..

I think the head scrathing and uummmmmms will be well worth the over priced oil change!

-
Back