New member from Switzerland

-

Pam111

Reaction score
Hello everyone

We have been the proud owners of a 1962 Plymouth Valiant V200 for a few months now.

The car has a special story: My godfather's father bought this car new for his wife back in 1962. Then my godfather inherited it and now that as he is almost 90 years old, I got it from him.

By the way, we live in Switzerland. Back in the 50s and 60s, Switzerland levied high taxes on cars from the United States. That's why GM set up its own factory in Biel and Chrysler one in Schinznach (AMAG). The cars were delivered in individual parts and assembled here. It should be noted that the quality standard in Switzerland was much higher than in the states. Some better parts were used and more emphasis was placed on rust prevention.The factory workers took over 400 hours to assemble it. Swiss quality :) In addition, the cars were sold as Chrysler and not as Plymouth.

The car is still in its original condition and gives us a lot of joy.

Greetings from Switzerland Charly

1.jpg

3.jpg

Autoplakette.jpg

Very nice looking car with a special story. Congratulations.
Switzerland is one of my favorite places. I worked eleven years for a Swiss company and lived Neuchatel for a year. I am very familiar with the Swiss dedication to quality, and my time there served me well throughout my career. What part do you live in?

Beautiful car. They will last forever if well taken care of.

Thank you all for including us in this forum.

We live near Zurich, the part of Switzerland where Swiss German is spoken.

Have fun with your beautiful cars.

Thank you all for including us in this forum.

We live near Zurich, the part of Switzerland where Swiss German is spoken.

Have fun with your beautiful cars.
You came to the right place. Forabodiesonly connecting good people and Mopar enthusiasts all over the world! Thanks for sharing your story and welcome!

Welcome from Louisiana
Always wanted to visit Switzerland

Last edited:
Welcome...
Very nice ride!
Can you post up a pic of the engine bay?
I would love to see it!

-
Back