New member, new to A-bodies!

-

butterball

Banned
Reaction score
Well, not that new to A-bodies, as I owned a '73 340 Duster in the 80's.

However, I've been fooling with C-body cars for the last several years, and actually had a lot of parts needed to put my project together. I have a '69 Chrysler 300 2-door that I was planning on putting an Eddy-head 500 stroker in (motor is finished except for final assembly.) I even had; until 2 weeks ago when I sold it; a '69 B-body Dana 60 built for it. I overkilled on the bottom end of the motor (for street use, anyway) with billet crossbolted mains and Eagle rods, mainly in order to put a 150 shot on top of the motor in order to get the car into the 11 second range.

Then I got looking at that 18 feet of sheetmetal, 4250 POUNDS of it, and thought "man, what're you doing!"

So now I'm going A-body. Specifically a 69 Fastback Cuda. Only problem is that the 600 HP 11:1 500 stroker that I've built will now probably be too quick in an A-body, requiring a narrowed rear, full rollcage, etc. etc., all stuff that I don't really want to do for just a quick (high 11's, no cage) street car.

The car I'm starting with already has some goodies on it. Stainless Steel Brakes front brakes, big B-body rear brakes, front end rebuilt, new SS springs, 3.91 SG 8-3/4, Schumacher step headers, 727 with a Cheetah RVP valve body, Aluminum radiator, Schumacher big block mounts and torque strap, etc. It's a decent car with a lot of extra parts, the guy had a stock '68 383 in it, it started overheating so he pulled it.

Anyway, I hope I don't drive y'all nuts asking questions once I start working on it, there's a lot of difference between these cars and a "C-boat!"

I'll be seein' you around! Butterball

Welcome aboard Butterball, ask away, the people here love to reply to posts.
Let me be the first to ask, any pics?

Welcome aboard from a fellow '69 Fastback owner. Your combo even sounds very similar to my intended build...

Anyways, we like pictures!

Welcome... this is a great site, I joined in 2005 and just got active really within the last month, a bunch of good Mopar people here!

Jason
71 Dart

Pics, haven't picked it up yet..... pretty excited about it, though!

My 69.jpg

My 69 2.jpg

It's a 318 car originally, needs some work here and there, but it isn't bad. The paint is probably 10 years old and will need a repaint. It has a '68 grille in it, the trim panel on the trunk has a ding, windshield starting to fog in one corner, interior will need attention before long (and it's dark green int.! No way is that stayin'!) It has buckets/console, which I like.

All in all it's a good solid start that I can make a nice car out of. I'm thinking of black interior with one of the several medium to light blue metallic colors that Chrysler used that year, along with white (or black?) 383 stripes.

I'd like to have it done for the Chrysler Classic at Beech Bend in April, but realistically it may not be done until the Mopar Nats next year.

Welcome butterball. Hope you get that fine fish home soon.
Keep us updated and enjoy this great site

-
Back