New Mopar Owner 1968 Valiant 100

-

DragonMopar

Reaction score
Hello all,
Im new to owning a mopar and love it so far. I found a sweetheart of a deal on this 1968 Valiant 100. She came with the 170 /6 with a 3 on the tree. Brought it home on a saturday and by sunday night she had a 4 speed on the floor. :) The guy I bought the car from was super cool and I got a swap meets worth of extra parts. She needs a little body work but over all is in really nice shape.
DSC04464.jpg

DSC04433.jpg

She came with this 318. Looking a little ugly but clean inside.

DSC04494.jpg

All ready for paint.

DSC04541.jpg

mmmm so pretty. :)

DSC04554.jpg

Yeah I dont mess around. Hahaha i drove it with the 3 on the tree and the linkage kept getting jammed up. So I got pissed at it and the sun came up the next day and said swap that trans. :snakeman:

Thanks guys, should have some more pics soon. Im hoping to have the trunk floor out and preped for replacement this weekend.

Welcome to FABO, DragonMopar. You're going to have fun here!
Great project you got there. Lookin' good already. What's the plan? Of course, as quick as you got that 4-speed in there you should be done with the whole thing by next Wednesday!
Here's a pic of the '68 Valiant my club built as our charity raffle project in 2008 -

MATS2008002_edited (Small).JPG

Plans for right now are to fix the trunk floor, trunk gutter, and rear windsheild lower corners. Thats what Ill be working on this weekend. Along with blasting the k-member and the intake and painting both. Ill have pics along the way. I am looking to find an 8 3/4" rear for an abody. And bucket seats. Those are the big parts I dont have. I have the Disk brake conversion BBP. And i have the 833OD that I put in the car and a cast iron 833 4 speed. Not sure which Ill use. The car came with a 318 that will be going in the car asap. Down the road I was thinking about a 408 stroker, or a super charged option 340/360. I got a ton of parts with the car and am still digging through them all to see what I have. Ill definitely be sharing what ever I dont need with you all. The car is manual brakes and steering. I would really like to switch to power for both. Need to find those parts.

First off, welcome to FABO!
Secondly, cool car, sounds like you have some fun plans for it.
Thirdly, this is just my opinion, I'd keep the brakes and steering manual myself. That'll keep more space open under the hood, especially the manual steering box. Neither the steering or brakes require much effort to operate. Best of luck with the car, can't wait to see more progress.

Hey JD340 I understand your point about the steering and brakes. Has anyone had any experience with the 16:1 fast ratio steering boxes? I know the car is quite light weight and I have the disk brake conversion so maybe I dont need the power brakes either. Just spit ballin. :) Yay the rain stoped. maybe I can get some work done.

DragonMopar, welcome to the best A Body site in existence! It's great to have you and that little jewel of a Valiant here with us -- looks very clean and a sweet introduction to Mopardom. :-D

I don't usually do this in a welcome thread, but if I can help you out with any of the cosmetics you have in mind, I'd welcome you as a new customer as well. (FABO members get automatic discounts and I offer monthly specials all the time.)

Anyway, make yourself at home and don't be shy with the progress pics. We're here to help, make motor noises and live vicariously through your efforts.

-
Back