Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmucci

moparmucci
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I have a "never used" Mopar Performance 518 O/D Transmission & 2250/2350 Converter that was purchased from The Moparts Connection in Atlanta Ga. back in Oct of 2002. Paid $1641.63 I was going to use it behind my 360/300hp Crate Motor in a street rod... sold the street rod. $1100 + shipping. Pics to follow. Have original bill of sale. Thanks, John

Is that the electronically controlled trans or is it like a 1995 down non-electronically controlled trans? Wish you were closer.

I believe that it is the non-electronic controlled. I was told they did not start making them until 2003..Where ya at????

Can somebody testify that it will bolt up to most any LA block with torque converter diameter and balance being the only differences ?
I still dont know if it accepts the mechanical speedometer cable. Someone said they "thought" there was an adapter but I haven't found one.

nope. electronic ones started in 96 w/ OBD-II. and yeah itll fit any LA or Magnum small block. and at one point they stopped offsetting the 1 TC hole and started putting the 360 weights on the flex plate instead of the TC so they could use the same TC on either V8. They finally figured out that the flexplate was cheaper than specific TC's.
BUT the amount of weight on a 360 Mag is different from an LA.
If you were closer I'd at least be interested to come for a look. I would not mind the 518 in place of the 727 in my 83, 3/4 ton.

Not saying anything bad about your trans but I don't think i could come GET it for less than another $700 with gas how it is and all.......
I know the feeling though soon as its gone someone will come with cash in hand OR you will suddenly "need" one yourself... Works that way for me EVERY time.

Not saying anything bad about your trans but I don't think i could come GET it for less than another $700 with gas how it is and all.......
I know the feeling though soon as its gone someone will come with cash in hand OR you will suddenly "need" one yourself... Works that way for me EVERY time.

Oh how I know that feeling.. pm sent

Hi again. Ok shipping has killed every potentail deal on this tranny. I have a friend now in Delray Beach Fl. who is an engine builder. He will ship this tranny for me anywhere in the 48 for $200. So here we go...

$700 plus the ride.. I need the cash... J.G. Wentworth wont give me any!!!

Ok so now we know that this tranny is a non-lockup tranny!! So someone buy the damm thing!!! Lol.... Thanks!!! $900 shipped to the lower 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back