NEW/OLD 225 MOUNTING

-

A/MP

Reaction score
I just picked up a '65 Dart with 225 auto. The motor is long gone. I have an 1981 225 and trans from a donor. Just get '65 Dart motor mounts or is there something else I need to know?

I just picked up a '65 Dart with 225 auto. The motor is long gone. I have an 1981 225 and trans from a donor. Just get '65 Dart motor mounts or is there something else I need to know?
Had an 81 slant my 64... Yup, pretty straightforward.

Double check the transmission mount and drive shaft length. Not sure if that's an issue

@RustyRatRod ?

Need engine brackets, rubber insulators (mounts), 66 down car oil pan and pickup. 65 driveshaft uses a B&T front joint. 66 and later trans uses they common u-joint. 65 dart uses a cable shifter (automatic) 81 uses mechanical shift linkage. Speedo cable is different (I think it is a 1966 cable that will work). Wiring for neutral safety switch is different.
Throttle linkage, and electrical wiring to the engine,

Need engine brackets, rubber insulators (mounts), 66 down car oil pan and pickup. 65 driveshaft uses a B&T front joint. 66 and later trans uses they common u-joint. 65 dart uses a cable shifter (automatic) 81 uses mechanical shift linkage. Speedo cable is different (I think it is a 1966 cable that will work). Wiring for neutral safety switch is different.
Throttle linkage, and electrical wiring to the engine,
Listen to this guy ^^^^^^

-
Back