New Pitman Arm Help Please

-
Hi all,
quick update...I received a new Pitman arm from Napa and this one fit perfect. I have to assume that there was some issue on the casting of the brand supplied by Rock Auto.

In case anyone would need or like,
I have Brand New U.S.A. made:
The 1962 - 1966 "A" body PITMAN ARM,
The 1967 - 1972 "A" body PITMAN ARM,
And the 1968 - 1969 "A" body 383,440 PITMAN ARM.

All Brand New U.S.A. made... I would leave my phone number here, but forum rules prohibit that... (How dare I be up front and honest !!!!!)
P.M. me.... Craig....
If I had seen your post before ordering from Napa, I would have definately contacted you!

sorry to start this up again but need help... I bought a 65 barracuda that has a 360 in it... the pitman arm hits the starter. The left motor mount was bad, the steering was very loose and ball joints were bad so i ordered motor mounts, ball joints, pitman arm, idler arm, tie rods and ends. The new pitman arm is bigger than the old one and will not work it hits the starter, and the header. The lower ball joint holes do not line up with the holes in the spindle, they are off by about 3/4 inch. The car was changed over to disc brakes and im thinking that the spindle's were changed to a later model i have new ball joints coming, but the pitman arm i am lost on PLEASE HELP!

So, what was the brand that did not fit correctly?

the number on the one i took off is 207257

pitman arm.JPG

post more pictures top , side , bottom. typing doesn't give a description of what you have when not even you are sure.

73 and newer a-body large bolt disc brakes. large ball joint 73 and newer upper a-arm. Get a picture of the drag link pitman and idler arm. Looks like you have the original idler arm with a nut holding it to the K-member. Get the idler arm bracket from a 68 and newer K member and have it welded on . Its a bolt through from the top and is more sturdy and safer. Easy to do. Just need to get the bracket from a k-member from someone. Are you from Williamsport Pa. ? if so I should have what you need here in Danielsville including idler and pitman for upgrade.

73 and newer a-body large bolt disc brakes. large ball joint 73 and newer upper a-arm. Get a picture of the drag link pitman and idler arm. Looks like you have the original idler arm with a nut holding it to the K-member. Get the idler arm bracket from a 68 and newer K member and have it welded on . Its a bolt through from the top and is more sturdy and safer. Easy to do. Just need to get the bracket from a k-member from someone. Are you from Williamsport Pa. ? if so I should have what you need here in Danielsville including idler and pitman for upgrade.
Yes im in williamsport pa....

idler arm.JPG
idler arm.JPG
drag link.JPG

I thought the wrong one came from rockauto?

Now it's from classic industries?

...and now the OP has mix matched parts?

I'm confused.

I thought the wrong one came from rockauto?

Now it's from classic industries?

...and now the OP has mix matched parts?

I'm confused.
rock auto parts- Karl was op.

classic parts was twin garage, diff poster
clear as mud now?

i just finished the install of a Borgeson PS box on my 69 383 Cuda. there are two pitman arms used on A body plymouths where the arm fits onto the steering box shaft - a 1 1/8" and a 1 1/4". my 69 took the 1 1/8".

-
Back