New Plymouth guy from Maine

-

Pokie

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been a chevy guy most of my life but always loved the look of the early 340 Dusters. Long story shortened I just adopted one, well maybe it's the other way around. Pics coming soon as it is still with the PO until I get it plated. Orange and black with the 340 stripes and single hood scoop. The 340 has been bored and stroked to a 413 ~ with a pistol grip shifter with 4 speed and sure grip rear. Most of the car is pristine but she has dash light and fuel gauge issues. The part I am so not looking forward to is learning the torsion bar front end. The PO just had it aligned (x2) but it still pulls to the right. It has disc brakes off a 73 new ball joints and all bushings are new. I did notice both front tires were worn with the right side worse, so I was thinking new front tires and try aligning again after a good check of all components. I am certainly open to suggested checks. I have heard of handling issues with the A bodies, but this is my first adventure with it. I am in the middle of resto mod with a 1973 Triumph TR6. I first met my biological dad when I came home after 23 years in the USAF and we had 20 good years together before we lost him last April. The Duster was purchased with the inheritance and his nick name was Pokie. Looking forward to becoming a contributing member here. Les

IMG_5971.jpeg

Welcome. I bought an orange and black duster in 1988 for 100 dollars drove it away it was a slant 6 car. They were "throwaways " back then...

Welcome Pokie form the Lone Star state of Texas. Everybody loves pictures .... Glad to have ya... Texas Red

-
Back