New Product for A-Body Mopars

I would prefer to buy a-arms already rebuilt

• Total voters
-

cuda66273

Reaction score
I would like some input from the members here.

We are considering offering a upper and lower control arm exchange program.

Product 1 will be stock upper and/or lower control arms, they will be blasted and painted, new ball joints and Poly bushings ready to bolt in.

Product 2 will be with a reinforced lower arm as above.

Changing a-arm bushings and ball joints without the correct tools is a real problem for most home enthusiasts. Running a BB in an A-Body without reinforcing the lower arm is probably not a good idea. You can buy the reinforcing plate and if you have a welder you could do it yourself, without those tools it can really be a hassle.

We will offer them as an exchange program with a core charge, which we haven't determined yet, we'll see what it costs to buy the initial inventory.

We're also working on Moog to be our supplier for the other components like center links and tie rod ends so you'll be able to rebuild your entire front end as a bolt in do-it-yourself kit.

I'd like some feedback as to your thoughts as to the marketability of this product and would you buy A-Arms rebuilt and ready to go or do you prefer to do it with a hammer and bleeding knuckles?

Thanks Guys

Don

I redid the uppers myself. That was not fun, but it isn't that bad.

The lower bushing has me stumped though. I have a spare set of lowers, and a new set of bushings but don't have a way to do the work myself. I would like to do the reinforcing plate too, but I am not an accomplished welder. Tacking exhaust pipes together is one thing, but welding on suspension parts I will leave to a professional. So yeah, I would gladly pay a reasonable price to get all that done. And an option you might also consider doing is the sway bar mount tabs.

If you decide to pursue this endeavor, let me be first in line. :mrgreen:

I'm a DIY'er. I would rather do it myself, I have already rebuilt my front end w/ poly bushings & it wasn't too difficult. I like doing the work, that's the fun of owning an old car.

I just dropped mine off at the local machine shop and had it done for $25.
Had it back the next day, no shipping.

Maybe you could make it more attractive with powder coatings and more options(like stock quiet/smooth bushings) :)

That would be great I hope to replace the front suspension. This coming winter hopefully :roll: For the right price I would definitely buy from you again. Just noticed when I said replace the front suspension I meant balljoints etc, not make it a funny car LOL. Some stuff may have been replaced before, but until I replace it is all 35 year old stuff on the car.

i get mine done at the local shop... i can blast them and all there... i guess it all depends what you wand for your stuff.... if i can get it done cheaper local thats what i'm doing....

Well it won't be for everyone,

I have always done my own also, but most guys don't have access to all the equipment to do their own so we feel this may be a great alternative for them. Open the box and bolt them on....couple of hours and your done.

Especially with the reinforced lower arms, not everyone has a welder sitting in their shop.

Some guy's rebuild their own alternators, I just go buy one from NAPA...easier and quicker.

Thanks to all for your responses it's really helping us to make this decision.

it is a good idea for people converting to 73 up discs if they dont have arms.
now a lot would depend on pricing. when tubulars are about 300 you would have a hard time getting a lot for stock uppers even with the new parts and a core charge.
now if you could devise a way to put the bigger ball joint in the arms for the small balljoint you would be on to something. to bad gm bolt in upper ball joints have a different taper. that would be a great way to convert to 73 up discs without getting thelater control arms.

I think this would be a great idea for me.

I like to do as much work on my car myself as I can - if I had time to do it all, I would - but reality dictates that I farm out some stuff if I ever want to finish the car.

Of course, that means the nastier, more onerous stuff would go to someone else..... :lol:

-
Back