New seats are in!

-
Jack,
Those look great. I think I may want to do the same with my 74 Duster. Get rid of the bench and get those in there. Got any pictures on how you bolted them in there? Nice job!

No pics right now. The car is away for the winter in my second garage. I would get a couple of pics but we got a dumping of snow last night and it will be a couple of days before I get out to the garage again.

Jack

I have a 2007 mustang GT. I love those seats. Been looking for a set for my kids 69 barracuda. They are similar in upholstery as a 69 cuda. Even if i find beatup cloth LX V6 seats i can get brand new covers for em from CJ pony parts. Prefer the dark charcoal grey because of the plastics being so close to black. Dont want to re dye light colors.

Can you post up how to pix of your install ? I imagine the power seat setup is just a 1 wire batt hot fused lead, with ground return since the rest of the buttons are in the seat side panel. . I was going to get a pair of these when i can actually find a set, and attach em to stock seat tracks.

Last edited:
Your new seats look fantastic Jack!!

I'm generally not a fan of newer buckets in an a-body, but they fit perfectly in your car and the design looks factory. I love the look!

I have a 2007 mustang GT. I love those seats. Been looking for a set for my kids 69 barracuda. They are similar in upholstery as a 69 cuda. Even if i find beatup cloth LX V6 seats i can get brand new covers for em from CJ pony parts. Prefer the dark charcoal grey because of the plastics being so close to black. Dont want to re dye light colors.

Can you post up how to pix of your install ? I imagine the power seat setup is just a 1 wire batt hot fused lead, with ground return since the rest of the buttons are in the seat side panel. . I was going to get a pair of these when i can actually find a set, and attach em to stock seat tracks.

Yes, the power seats were a one hot wire setup. The ground was one wire to the chassis. I ran wires from the driver side to the passenger side under the carpet from the same wires seeing as I didn't think there was much of a chance of both seats being moved at the same time. The install was pretty easy. Just get the seats where they need to be and then use a soldering iron to melt the carpet then drill holes for bolts.

Jack

I'm thinking of doing these but attaching them to A body seat tracks, making adaptor plates to go from the A body tracks to the mustang seat frames, and ditch the power seat chassis if its easy enough. I think the LX V6 cars could have came as manual drivers seat. Same seat frame and padding as a GT. I just have to get a set, and measure em up. May have to take a D/FW boneyard run to get a pair of em. My local boneyard has only one 2005 up mustang and the seats are gone. Think they are the same seats from 05-09. Its a waiting game now. They are sure to start hitting the boneyards in spades soon. Just got to wait for the dippy teenage girls wanting a mustang to trash em and wreck em.

Nice work Jack and I bet a lot more comfy than the originals.

I'm thinking of doing these but attaching them to A body seat tracks, making adaptor plates to go from the A body tracks to the mustang seat frames, and ditch the power seat chassis if its easy enough. I think the LX V6 cars could have came as manual drivers seat. Same seat frame and padding as a GT. I just have to get a set, and measure em up. May have to take a D/FW boneyard run to get a pair of em. My local boneyard has only one 2005 up mustang and the seats are gone. Think they are the same seats from 05-09. Its a waiting game now. They are sure to start hitting the boneyards in spades soon. Just got to wait for the dippy teenage girls wanting a mustang to trash em and wreck em.

I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to fab up an aluminum adapter plate to make the seats fit the abody seat tracks. It's just a matter of drilling holes in some plate aluminum and making sure the plate stays hidden.

Jack

Oh yeah, especially when the last ones were plastic racing seats with padded covers.

Jack
I will say my 66 buckets are more comfy than the bench in my 70 Swinger. The buckets in my 73 Challenger were nice. The bolsters and the headrest seems to help a bunch.

I picked up a pair of black leather buckets out of a 09 Mustang GT for cheap. I managed to get them bolted in yesterday and cleaned up this morning. They are a good fit in a Demon after you get a little creative with the bolts. The front seat anchor points require one bolt hole to be drilled front to back in the floor and the other front anchor point requires a hook bolt. The rear anchor points took normal bolts and the holes were straight down. The power options on the seats were a piece of cake once I found a wiring diagram for the seats. I took power from the radio circuit and the ground was the inside of the rocker panel. Everything works as it should. I left the airbags powerless. Don't need play with those buggers. Here are a couple of photos. Please, no comments on the dirty floor. I just got the car out of storage.

Jack

View attachment 1714939896

View attachment 1714939897
Hey, so can you explain more of how you mounted them? not sure what a hook bolt is or if i would have to drill new holes to replace the existing seats.

Yes, you have to drill new holes if you had a bench seat like I did. I don't know about a bucket seat car. A hook bolt is just that, it is something like an eye bolt except it is a hook. The Mustang seat rails are not like what our old cars had so you have to improvise a little. Mine ended up solid as a rock and way more comfortable that either the plastic racing seats I had or the stock buckets which are very expensive anyway.

Jack

I have a set of buckets from an 09 Challenger, once they were installed they sat so high the passenger could not get in. any knowledge of differnt seat tracks for this installation?

-
Back