New Stereo

-

six pack

Reaction score
Finally got far enough along it was time to put in some tunes as I am not going to have another car with stock radio and poor sound.

Went for a new sony MP3 player for lots of storage on discs and it was pretty plain looking until you open the face plate, boy does it sound good considering I hid my 6X9 speakers underneath the rear shelf panel and have 2 3.5" speakers under the center dash grill.
This is the first time I have installed an aftermarket radio and was impressed by the sound.

Guess I can't load pictures into this thread. I will post elsewhere and edit them in later

74Dart_Photos_025-med.jpg

74Dart_Photos_026-med.jpg

your dash is IDENTICAL to mine, except for the climate control, mine has three sliders in it.
thats exactly how i was going to mount my radio, under the fan box, but i cant find any wiring for the old radio..

just like my dart sixpack i was going to pull to okd crap out and do a custom box where the back seat is or under with 2 12's that my friend is giving me and im in the works of thinking of where and how many speakers i want to have and that dyno mat stuff is in my garage waiting till i get my shait together!

Man...if I had 2 12's in my Dually......BOOOOOM would be the word. I am kickin with 2 8's and 1 10 in the back of my Chevy Crewcab.....I get the doo doo face at traffic lights now. HOO HOOOOO!!

my buddy has the 12's in his truck and they hit hella hard he has a 1000 watt and a 400 amp it the back of the seat,he wants to get all new stuff for it and he said i can hav it all the amp the box the deck he has witch is my fav. and hes going to help me put it all in if i fix some things for his lift with the shackles and bdy lift what a deal!my car is gonna be a BOOM BOOM machine!HA

Six Pack...where did you find that stereo mount?

I am going to put a stereo in my trailer and that is exactly what I want to do to mount the stereo under the cabinets.

Sledgehammer said:
Six Pack...where did you find that stereo mount?

I am going to put a stereo in my trailer and that is exactly what I want to do to mount the stereo under the cabinets.

Got it from the local stereo shop, they all seemed to have a the same version of it, was $20 CDN. could not complain about the price, you can even use it for CB's or old 2 post radios. www.metraonline.com is on the bag.

sweet, ill hit up the local stereo shop and see about getting one of those..
i found a lead i can use for my stereo in my fuse panel. im not sure what its for, but ill find out before i use it.
the power to it only comes on when the car is on... hell, it might even be for the radio...

THEWHITEZOMBIE said:
my buddy has the 12's in his truck and they hit hella hard he has a 1000 watt and a 400 amp it the back of the seat,he wants to get all new stuff for it and he said i can hav it all the amp the box the deck he has witch is my fav. and hes going to help me put it all in if i fix some things for his lift with the shackles and bdy lift what a deal!my car is gonna be a BOOM BOOM machine!HA

ive got an Audiobahn Flame Q 12 (1100w rms, 2200 peak..) when i get my car worked out and get an amp for it.... well, we'll just have to see.
**imagines how the decklid is gonna sound.. shudders..**
going to HAVE to get a dynamat trunk kit, at LEAST
my friend sold me the subwoofer for $100 (list is almost $300), i was like "really?! THANKS"
ive also got a JL audio 8" subwoofer that ill probably use for a while instead, just for sensibility and sound quality, its LOUD, but not ridiculously loud. perfect for a hat rack flush mount.

A few years back I had a '91 Daytona. A friend of mine (who has since opened his own high-end car audio shop) did the work.

I had an Alpine CD head unit in the dash with a motorized plate that covered it when the power was shut off. Alpine seperates with 1" tweeters in the dash and 5" in the front doors. Alpine 5-1/4" with 1" in the back seat door panels. Boston Acoustics 10" subs in a custom made box. Precision Power Ax400 (4 x 100 with crossover to the sub-outputs) and a Precioion Power A600 (2 x 300) for the subs.

The rear window (it was a hatchback) used to bounce up and down, and I would have to reset the outside mirrors after cranking up Nine Inch Nails... Man that think cranked. But it was designed for quality, not volume. Even at very low volume it sounded great. At high volume it sounded incredible.

For anybody on Long Island, check him out - tell him I sent you - Doug Gabrini @ American Auto Sound in East Setauket. 751-4611.

After using two Boston acoustics 4" in my dash for the past three years, I must say they are one of the best small speakers out there.

my JL audio puts out some quality bass. i had it bridged using two channels of a 4 x 100 amp. it pumped pretty hard, but it sounded good too. that amp i have since shot out with an audiobahn 10, but im going to get another one via "buy an identical and return the broken one." i told them it was broken, i wasnt lying... they take it, send it back to the manufacturer, everybody is happy :)
is that crooked?

rabius75 said:
my JL audio puts out some quality bass. i had it bridged using two channels of a 4 x 100 amp. it pumped pretty hard, but it sounded good too. that amp i have since shot out with an audiobahn 10, but im going to get another one via "buy an identical and return the broken one." i told them it was broken, i wasnt lying... they take it, send it back to the manufacturer, everybody is happy :)
is that crooked?

Thats why they have serial numbers :wink:

-
Back