New to Mopars

-

BubbaCuda

Reaction score
Hi my name is Harold.
A few months back i bought a 65 barracuda 273 simply because i like the way it looked and i could cruise it with no work.The interior and exterior had no issues except some paint checking on the passengar side qaurter panel..The only change i have done is a new stereo in the glove...
You guys are a bad influence though .. since i joined this forum i bought 8 1/4 rear and had it rebuilt with a suregrip 321 and 11inch brakes. I just recieved my 74 dart front brakes that will go into the hot tank today to prepare them for installation next weekend. My 8 year old son tore down his first 77cordoba 360 last weekend to prepare it for a rebuild after we get the brakes and rear end installed.... Thanks for all the help so far
Harold

That's great the little guy is getting in there and getting some wrenching experience. Keep us posted

WOW, welcome aboard! Your 8 year old son taking a 360 apart, cool and I thought at 16 my daughter had a early start with her 66 Barracuda! cole's 66

Wow, 8 yrs old and helping dad turn wrenches....cool!

I wish my dad did stuff like that with me but he tore down aircraft engines and did not like working on his own stuff.

If your son sticks with it he may become a famous engine builder.

Yep Harold!!
This site can influence some of the best.
And there are allot of them here.
welcome to this great place, Ain't no better!!:thumblef:
Hope you enjoy your time here.

Ok :cheers: I have been :drinkers:

mewheely.jpg

welcome to the club brother. your car looks nice in white.

NICE!! My 8.5 Yr old Daughter will be a LIFE-LONG MOPAR Gal too! her pics will soon come...Here she is with our Dart!

Teach your kids right

MoPaR or NoCaR!!

07 ALASKA 170.jpg

Wow 8 years old and helping dad. Thats about the age i was when i was helping my dad with his 68 charger you better be careful though my dad got me started with the mopar bug early and now we have 10 a bodies running around he is starting to get mad at me cause i just keep bringing them home but i just keep telling him its his own fault. Anyway good luck with the project and keep your son involved he will cherish your time together with it i know i still do. Justin

Here is an udpdate of our progress..
8 1/4 321's suregrip installed lowered one inch
11 inch brakes completly rebuilt with new components
drive shaft shortened 1.6 inches and reinstalled
new wheels installed in rear 255 45 17

CIMG4307.JPG

CIMG4308.JPG

CIMG4311.jpg

CIMG4316.jpg

I'd like to know how well a 255 tire fits in the back. It looks good. What kind of clearences do you have from the leaf spring & the inner fenderwell? What is your wheel offset? You used an A body 8 1/4, right?

yes its an A-Body 8 1/4. I have a little less then 1/4 inch to the leaf spring. The fender edge has no issues 3/4 to 1 inch of clearance. The back spacing is 4.5"

-
Back