new tuff wheels opinions

-

redlightrich1

Reaction score
Hi All, I see at least 2 repro tuff wheels on the market currently. The Grant that is around 125, and The 175 dollar one. Has anyone seen the 175 one? I am hoping to get the feel as close to original without having to pay 1000!!!
Also, epartsforcars has one, but that may be the 175 dollar one for sale at 200. I would really appreciate the feedback as mine is loose and chewed up and it is time to replace.

Thank you

Rich

I'm saving for the leather wrapped one right now. I plan on putting a floor shift column (already have) and Flaming River joint in at the same time. Hence, why I am saving!!!

Leather Tuff wheel link

Speedway has the same joint 1/2 the price, I thought about one til I rebuilt the small mopar box which was simple and now works like new

hmmm grants are OK I have a 175 wooden grant wheel my only problem with it is the metal has started surface rusting I am going to be on the phone with grant in a couple days should have had it clear coated

Attachments

• 100_0727.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_0729.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 159
I bought my wheel from BEA. It is leather wrapped and is a rebuilt mopar wheel, it was in that 175 to 200 range. I used the adapter and horn button out of a 1977 plymouth Volarie Road Runner, now what car my rebuilt Tuff Wheel came out of I don't know, but it does have the Pentastar emblem stamped on the back side. By the way it looks really good in my 72 Swinger. John

-
Back