new vehicle thoughts.

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
So I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan,nice vehicle but cant really take it hunting so I also bought a 92 gmc pickmeup with 4wd. I know its a chev but hey its not that bad. Any ways,what I want to do is sell both vehicles and get something like a Durango.Should satisfy all our needs/wants and plus we'll only have to run 1 vehicle.

I think I'll keep an eye on the police auctions,try to find something cheap that needs work maybe has body damage etc.

Buying one out of the U.S is also an option if the price is right. I still need to get my passport,lol. No funny business reasons why I havent done that yet( not a terrorist,lol) just not an urgent matter.

So I was musing over vehicle choices,need something with 4 doors and 4 wheel drive and of course prefer a Mopar over anything else.However money talks so will buy the best deal no matter brand really.

I was thinking Suburban,Tahoe,Durango,Cherokee,Wagoneer etc.

Your help/thoughts very appreciated.

The new Grand Cherokees are SUPER sweet, not sure if they're off-road enough for you though?

get yourself a 4 door ram, that way you can hose the bed out when your done hunting.

Why not get a used srt8 jeep or (if you can handle it) a srt10 ram with 4 doors

The Durangos go pretty cheap, they do not hold there value at all. I have looked at them for my family car, just not enough cargo room, and I don't need/want 4 wheel drive. I might get a Magnum in the future or one of the 4 door jeeps (I would like a 4 door convertible)

Thanks for the help guys. I hope more chime in.It's good to hear that my first choice the Durango is a good one. I was prepared for the **** mileage,lol. Was thinking at the least upgrade the intake with a cold air kit and K&N filter.Synthetic oil of course,and a reprogramming tool to remapp it for better mileage/performance. Better exhaust as well.

Does anyone know if those rear seats in the durango fold into the floor or can be removed?

I might buy an older 05 or so Dodge pickup as well but it would need to have a canopy for non hunting season use. I find it makes the truck far more useablle if the bed is clean and dry.

The Grand Cherokee is sweet as well. Im not afraid to hunt in a leather interior,lol! I'd just wrap any kills in a heavy tarp before loading them in.

I should get $4500 cdn for my GMC pu and I figure in roughly the same for the Grand Caravan as the mileage on it and the truck are very similar. So maybe 9 grand to take to auction.It should be enough.

all of the durangos i've ran across down here have suspension problems wearing out front tires etc my buddy has one that the rear end went out just givin the heads up
goodluck
Terry

Go to the library and look at Consumer Reports, they show reliability and trouble spots for all models year by year.

Go to the library and look at Consumer Reports, they show reliability and trouble spots for all models year by year.

Hey good thinking David! The lemon aid used car guide would be worth looking at.

Im not surprized that Durango's front ends get pounded out quick,seems to happen with that generation of dodge truck too. Every vehicle has it's flaws,lol.

-
Back