Newer serpentine system and a.c. compressor

-

I don't see it mentioned in either of those threads, but the Magnum heads have bosses on the end of them that LA heads don't have. Because of this, mounting the tensioner could be difficult on an LA.

Also, the truck PS bracket bolts to a boss on the block that either doesn't exist on LA blocks, or isn't threaded (can't remember which).

It can be done but there is no provision for a manual fuel pump and the waterpump is a reverse rotation unit.
The Magnum timing cover is the main part of the unit.
There are many posts on this site concerning Magnum serpentine belt convertions. Just do a search for Magnum.

Thanks, my sons a.c. compressor has never worked and weighs a ton. He wants to get a new style one and I thought a complete system from the pull apart yard might work.

Thanks, my sons a.c. compressor has never worked and weighs a ton. He wants to get a new style one and I thought a complete system from the pull apart yard might work.
From the Magnum, you’ll need everything from the timing cover forward and an electric fuel pump. I used Edelbrock carb fuel pump. If this is in an A body car, you’ll need a van PS pump bracket if you have PS. Or relocate the battery. Use the proper refrigerant.

-
Back