NHL 23-24

-
Well crap.

Despite both the commentators and the coach saying they were playing well in P1 and 2, I saw a LOT of missed passes and missed shot opportunities.

Panthers OTOH looked great. PK was viciously aggressive, esp vs the #1 PP.

Even 5 on 5 , TB had trouble setting up in the O zone.

FLA may have something for BOS.

I hate to say this but Colorado really needs a goaltender, Georgiev gave up 7 on 21 shots. Pretty hard to beat anyone in the NHL when you aren't able to stop them from scoring. That's 14 goals in the last 2 games the Jets have scored against the Avs.
Sure, Colorado has all kinds of offense, but they won't get 6 past Hellebuyck very often.
I don't know why they didn't go after a goalie during the season, that will cost them any chance at the cup, even if they do manage to get past the Jets, which I don't think will happen.
Got me a big plate of humble pie this morning. Jets played their best game of the series last night, but Colorado Avalanche move on to round 2 and Winnipeg heads for the golf course.
At least they set a new NHL record, first team to give up 5 goals a game in the first five games of the playoffs.

Seriously, they were tied for 4th overall, allowed the fewest goals against, had the most wins in regulation, and a 34 game streak of allowing 3 or fewer goals in a game during the 82 game regular season. Then comes the playoffs and they barely squeeze out one victory.

Time for some changes in the locker room.

Go Avs!!!!!!!!

Got me a big plate of humble pie this morning. Jets played their best game of the series last night, but Colorado Avalanche move on to round 2 and Winnipeg heads for the golf course.
At least they set a new NHL record, first team to give up 5 goals a game in the first five games of the playoffs.

Seriously, they were tied for 4th overall, allowed the fewest goals against, had the most wins in regulation, and a 34 game streak of allowing 3 or fewer goals in a game during the 82 game regular season. Then comes the playoffs and they barely squeeze out one victory.

Go Avs!!!!!!!!
Blame the Wild, and geography. I mean, their luck is so bad, and so powerful, that now that they're no longer playing, it (their bad luck) just had to go somewhere.

And Winnipeg just happens to be the closest...

Go Avs!!!!!!!!
The Jets were indeed a great regular season team. However, the playoffs are not the regular season and so many great regular season teams flame out in the playoffs. Some of it has to do intensity and while I didn’t watch much of the a Jets series, I suspect they didn’t change their game much for the playoffs and they took a lot of penalties. Harder hitting, less space with pretty plays not really being as successful in the playoffs. Most teams need to learn how to lose first before winning it all.

1983 Stanley Cup Finals - Wikipedia.

My Avs really had me nervous at the end of the season and the first game against the tough Jets. I just wasn't confident that they had it in them. Man, they really poured it on the last four games. Feeling much better about my team. Go Avs!

Willie showed up....
Going back to Boston, their power play had best show-up, and FAST, or I have a feeling they're going to be playing golf next week. What are they now..1 for 20 or something like that?

Anyway, it was a really fun game to watch, but it's too bad the NHL can't manipulate the schedule to save Original 6 versus Original 6 action until the quarterfinals.

It was a good coast to coast game. Goaltending was great for both teams. Yeah their powerplay is pathetic....no designated point shot.
Going back to Boston, their power play had best show-up, and FAST, or I have a feeling they're going to be playing golf next week. What are they now..1 for 20 or something like that?

Anyway, it was a really fun game to watch, but it's too bad the NHL can't manipulate the schedule to save Original 6 versus Original 6 action until the quarterfinals.

-
Back