NHL.........waaaa waaaa waaaa !!

-

Sport 360

MOPAR Lover
Reaction score
"HEY NHL!" You're crying about millions of dollars in salaries for putting on protective equipment and fighting for a puck!

I know a bunch of great people who put on protective equipment and fight for our countries, who would love to get a fraction of what you babies make!

You bunch of Losers!!!!!!!!

God Bless Our Troops.

154473_10151117305622202_1594955742_n.jpg

"HEY NHL!" You're crying about millions of dollars in salaries for putting on protective equipment and fighting for a puck!

I know a bunch of great people who put on protective equipment and fight for our countries, who would love to get a fraction of what you babies make!

God Bless Our Troops.

I 100% concur with this statement.

no sports player is worth what they are getting paid...

Let's get real hockey players on the ice. Not a bunch of million dollar babies who cry when they get hurt. It's hockey, you get hurt. I got broken fingers,busted nose ,cut up and never got paid to play. I played for the love of the sport, These guys love the money, not the sport.

Let's get real hockey players on the ice. Not a bunch of million dollar babies who cry when they get hurt. It's hockey, you get hurt. I got broken fingers,busted nose ,cut up and never got paid to play. I played for the love of the sport, These guys love the money, not the sport.

True, but not just with hockey players

Baseball is just as bad.
Last week i saw on t.v. that a baseball player just signed a contract for 42 million over 3 years.
Are you freakin' kidding me?
NHL is not even close to these other high end professional sports in revenues and pay scale namely baseball, football, and basketball.
Kinda makes you wonder what the hockey team owners and Bettman are making........
They're all a bunch of greedy a-holes.

I gave up supporting professional sports 20 years ago. I was only 17, and thought they made too much money then!!! Screw you NHL, NHLPA, and all the other alphabet soup sports companies.

It's not just the players but the owners also. :wack:

All sports are now just Billionaires VS Millionaires.

I don't follow any professional sport too closely any more for that very reason.

I enjoy going to see my son's high school teams, my old college teams and the local "minor league" teams.

Paul

Bas
Kinda makes you wonder what the hockey team owners and Bettman are making........
Bettman makes about $8 million a year.
Pretty good salary considering that every single decision he has made in his tenure has made the game worse (shootouts to end games? Seriously?).
It's not just the players but the owners also. :wack:
which reminds me: remember, eveyone; this is a lockout by the owners, not a strike by the players.
The owners gave all these players big contracts (were they supposed to say "no, I won't sign it, you're giving me too much money"?) and then locked them out saying they were paying the players too much money. Some of them (cough cough Minnesota Wild cough cough) did it specifically because they expected to be able to reduce the contracts they themselves offered and signed just last summer.

edit- btw, although it sounds like I'm defending it, I'm with the people who couldn't care less anymore. I hope they just go ahead and cancel the season (or I would be just as happy with them solving the lockout while Bettman and Fehr are out of the talks, and then firing both their useless asses immediately afterwards).

no sports player is worth what they are getting paid...

Well that's not exactly true, while I totally agree with the sentiment the economics suggests they are for the most part worth it. At least collectively, there's always guys that are overpaid relative to what they bring to the table.

Hockey players that cry when they get hurt? who, when? You can say that about pretty much any sport but hockey, I don't think so. Maybe there's a pussy or two out there but it's rare, these guys are as tough as it comes.

We all like to bag on athletes because of how much they make, that is nothing but envy.

If they would have come into my neighborhood when we were kids playing hockey, they would have left beat to death.

I watched Montreal Canadiens back in the 70/80 's all the time ... as i grow older have been loosing interest ....if they ever settle ... i wouldn't be surprised if i never watch again!

In the 80's I was a huge hockey fan. Then I change as to the money they make to
put a puck in the net. Fans would get over board( like they saved the world or something) This is my opinion, Don't get me wrong, it is exciting to watch.
So I say ,do not complain about the money they make if you watch it (you are
supporting them) I change the channel.
My brother works at Canada Olympic Park(88 winter games there) and the money
spent there like private schools,training facility's and so on, For what? To get a Bob
sled down the track the fastest. That helps yours or our Country?
No! it is our troops that saves your Country. This is what I see.

Darryl

I pay to play. Send out the TV cameras! :cheers:
Maybe not :glasses7:

Hate the game,can't stand they call it "Canada's Game", what an image to show the world.A bunch of whining,overpaid brats.Look at the Vancouver roit............cool bunch,real mature.Wish they would just shut-up about it,season's over GOOD!

God Bless Our Troops.

Well said !!! I vote quote of the year.

-
Back