-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Contact seller
I've got a real nice P/S changeover for sale in Seattle. Includes:

• A newly overhauled steering gear—not a thrown-together parts store "remanufactured" unit; it's a custom rebuild done right by Red Head.

• New '62-'66 pitman arm already installed on gearbox.

• Two good working pumps: a Federal with pre-1970 LA V8 bracket, and a Saginaw with post-1970 LA V8 bracket.

• Good pressure hoses for each type of pump.

• Pressure hose input fitting adaptor (described here)

• Correct shorter-than-manual steering shaft (one pic shows the short power steering shaft next to the longer manual steering shaft; the longer shaft is shown only to "prove" that this what I'm selling is the correct shorter shaft—only the power-steering shaft is included in this package)

• Assorted return hoses and adaptors; you'd want to go ahead and use a new length of P/S hose for the return.

This setup was installed for engine compartment clearance test fitting but never driven in my '64 Dart. All the components except the pump brackets will work with a slant-6 or big-block engine, too. This equipment will drop right into any '63-'66 A-body. The big parts (gearbox, pump) will bolt right into any '62-'72 A-body. The steering shaft may work in a '62 or a '67 — you would have to check length.

The "Red Head" steering gear is a $425 item by itself, and have you priced American-made new pitman arms lately? I would like $400 for the whole shootin' match. Prefer local pickup (Seattle) but if you gotta have it shipped I will ship it (at your cost).

PS_Box_Hose_Pitman.jpg

PS_Box_Pitman_2.jpg

PS_Box_Pitman_3.jpg

Federal_Pump_Hose.jpg

Saginaw_Pump.jpg

Shafts.jpg

Shafts_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back