-
Status
Not open for further replies.

migsBIG

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
A very nice #742 3:23 suregrip in very, very nice condition. Was out of a car and looks like it was rebuilt too. Firm pinion, clean ring/pinion, painted case, excellent suregrip, large yoke makes this one of the better drop out units.

$500 located in san jose, ca.

100_6574.jpg

100_6575.jpg

100_6577.jpg

100_6578.jpg

100_6580.jpg

100_6582.jpg

100_6584.jpg

100_6585.jpg

You see the springs in the last picture. Springs=cone type

okay and cone is not rebuildable, I know that. So it is important to get a picture of every angle when buying a case online?

You see the springs in the last picture. Springs=cone type

Negative. Two piece carrier= cone type. One piece carrier= clutch type. They both had the preload springs. At least the good ones did. ....and hay yall, not tryin to be a butt, but maybe it would be better to start a discussion about this elsewhere, instead of on dude's for sale thread. Just tryin to be considerate.

Negative. Two piece carrier= cone type. One piece carrier= clutch type. They both had the preload springs. At least the good ones did.

Can you show me a pic of a clutch type w/ springs? I'm confused now.....

Negative. Two piece carrier= cone type. One piece carrier= clutch type. They both had the preload springs. At least the good ones did. ....and hay yall, not tryin to be a butt, but maybe it would be better to start a discussion about this elsewhere, instead of on dude's for sale thread. Just tryin to be considerate.
http://www.mopar1.us/875.html
Here you go. Shows pictures of each and labels them.
Also good point on jacking his thread.
Sorry.

wow, I saw the post count nd thought i had a bunch of potential buyers, and I see all this?

I want to sell it locally so I don't have to ship it. I didn't state that in the earlier post.

I messaged shovhd and he's cool with that. If I don't sell it by monday locally, he has 1st shot at it.
These things are really heavy and akward to ship and I've never shipped one before.

I want to sell it locally so I don't have to ship it. I didn't state that in the earlier post.

I messaged shovhd and he's cool with that. If I don't sell it by monday locally, he has 1st shot at it.
These things are really heavy and akward to ship and I've never shipped one before.
To ship it, just put in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and there you go! Your new shipping container

I would never ship anythung like that. I ship things that are heavy in multiple layers of cardboard and probably a reinforced box/wood. Just dropping a third member into a bucket isn't going to gurantee he's gonna get something undamaged when it arrived. I don't sell parts and wish the buyer good luck if it arrives, that's not my style.

Some cardboard in the bottom of the bucket works great for cushion, I have shipped 7-8 chunks this way and no problems .....

Steve

yeah, that might work with some stuff, but i don't feel comfertable shipping stuff like that. This something from my personal stash that normally i save for specific cars. Only reason I'm selling it is I'm looking to buy 2 cuda's today (a 1970 -an 71'). and that's the only reason I'm selling off my personal collections. I would take $400 for it today, but that would have to be cash in hand as I have to send a transfer by my bank. Normally cash isn't a problem, but the deal I'm getting on 2 cars is well worth sacrificing my personal stuff is well, well worth it.

yeah, that might work with some stuff, but i don't feel comfertable shipping stuff like that. This something from my personal stash that normally i save for specific cars. Only reason I'm selling it is I'm looking to buy 2 cuda's today (a 1970 -an 71'). and that's the only reason I'm selling off my personal collections. I would take $400 for it today, but that would have to be cash in hand as I have to send a transfer by my bank. Normally cash isn't a problem, but the deal I'm getting on 2 cars is well worth sacrificing my personal stuff is well, well worth it.

Sounds like a great score coming up two cudas, what are your plans for them!

1970 cuda is set up with fresh 440, auto, ps, disc, 8 3/4 , 2:23 sg, custom swaybars, 15x8-15X10 powder coated rally running 305 T/A's on the rear. Order resto. Was built by a mechanic I know, he hasn't put more than 300 miles on it in 10 years, so it's gonna need basic freshing up. Gonna paint it hugger orange and make a close aar instead of the cuda he made it into.

other car is a 1971 R code cuda that was dragged raced from day one. A pretty much hacked up body missing drivelive, auto replaced 4spd and the car still has dana 60, radiator and body numbers. Believe it is still factory brown and has less that 20k miles on it.

Kinda hard coming up with $20k in two weeks, but I am getting close, so hopefully I can score them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back