Nitrous Kit Recommendations?

-

sickt7cuda

Reaction score
Looking to add a plate system in an effort to chase a lower ET. I haven't used Nitrous before and am looking for recommendations on which kit to buy (125 shot range). Thanks :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

20046232778673576421876.jpg

The only system I have used is Nitrous Express for EFI applications. Their solenoids and fogger nozzles seem to be very good quality. I've never run nitrous on a carb'd motor before, so I can't really make a recommendation.

What's the rest of your combination? You may need to make ignition and/or fuel system changes in order to use nitrous safely. Also the effectiveness of nitrous is dependent somewhat on cam design. If you have a lot of valve overlap, you will not get a full 125hp out of a 125 shot.

I second the !!!!!!! on the NX, Damn I really like how adjustable there kits are too. That may pay off in the long run if/when you built a hot motor to handle more, just don't go crazy.

NOS has alot of experience behind them, but I have been hearing good things about the NX. Which ever brand you choose, just be sure to get the adjustable system. That way when you build you next engine that can handle more, you'll be ready :thumleft:

Ive had a NOS cheater system for quite some time now but haven't put more than 2 bottles through it :eek:ops:
It's 125hp, 175hp and 250hp.

Speaking of nitrous I just got the deal of the week, I picked up an extra 10LB NOS bottle for $50.00 and the damn thing is still full :D too bad it didn't come with the plate.

from what i heard,HOLLEY bought NOS and the original owners of NOS started a new company and called it NX(NITROUS EXPRESS)

I heard that about NOS and NX too. I have also heard that some NOS engineers went over to Edelbrock and engineered their system, but used some better higher quality parts. I have no experience in any N2O systems. Just heard about that really it is all speculation.

I have a power shot kit I may give a shot (no pun intended)
NX makes a nice kit that uses a HVH SuperSucker spacer for the plate.

-
Back