no mufflers?

-

65rbdodge

Reaction score
has anyone ever had a full exhaust system without any mufflers? i`m thinking about doing this with my 47 desoto w/318.

i would at least use resonators.

You want an "Old Car sound"??

Try Smithy's

Classic sound from a classic name.
Straight from Patriot the world's oldest performance mufflers are now available for that "resto-rod" or your 1950's custom. Get the muffler your dad used to impress his friends, and yes, it's still guaranteed not to blow out or leak. Double end cap construction and 3 1/2" hammertone finished cases assure the original Smithy look.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PTE-H3010&N=700+115&autoview=sku

pte-h3010.jpg

I run my '65 Barracuda with no muffler, just an original style (reproduction) resonator at the back. It's kinda like a muffler, but it's straight through and just designed to make noise. It's a a little loud, but when I ask the neighbours they say it sounds tough.

I had a friend who bought a 70 Charger with a 440 6 Pack, headers, & 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" pipes all of the way to the back bumper. It was loud enough that he put mufflers on it.

stock 318? itd probably sound terrible with it ended at the headers and with no mufflers ending at the tailpipe. Put mufflers on it .02cents

On my work truck, which is an 89 360 Dodge, I removed the plugged cat. Just for fun I started it up and it sounded OK from a noise standpoint. I ended up putting a 4' section on it and have been driving it.

Not very nice sound quality. It works for now, but when I get some time I will be putting a muffler on it.

ROB

-
Back