no spark

-

Ozzy

Reaction score
My 1967 Barracuda (with '68 wiring) had spark, but trouble running. I wanted to get some input from you guys before I purchase anything.

I recently switched over to HEI ignition, so I thought it might be a wiring problem (i.e. I screwed something up). I took the carb off to give me some room, and gave it to a buddy to check it over while I put some time into replacing all the connectors with waterproof ones, heat sealed each one, double, triple, quadruple checked the wiring layout and connections with relays and in line fuses (which were all good). When I picked up my carb my buddy told me he found a couple major problems, and took care of them. Come to find out, it was most likely the carb all along.

So I put the carb back on, anticipating a smooth roar back to life. Aaaaand... pffft. No spark. I had spark before, but not after redoing the connectors. Okay, what did I screw up. So I checked the voltage to the ignition switch. Good there: run has 12v power, start has 12v power. I go under the hood: Relay has 12v power, and is giving 12v power. Consistent 12-ish volts all the way to the coil. No spark from the coil. So... gotta be the coil? It has less than 1 hour of running time on it...

Any input would be much appreciated. I'm attaching photos of the ignition wiring under the hood.

4b.jpg

2b.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back