No to bad for being out of the car

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
05EC30C8-D832-4C33-9F7C-DAF5C4C818AF.jpeg
on a hot day at Keystone it felt good to go a few rounds. 60 foots are off from the heat from the usual 1.28’s or better but that track has to be hot. My worst light of the day bit me in the 3rd round of a 5000.00 to win event. I knew from the hit I had to scrub some ET so I cut it as close as I could. Check both of our dials and ET’s run. I would have gone 6.23 flat out. Well I’ll try again tomorrow at another 5000.00 then next Thursday head to Dragway 42 for three 20,000.00 races.

Lots of guys 2/3 my age pulling out today. Supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. We had a guy have a heart attack or some other issues a couple of weeks ago that wrecked and died. If I don’t feel up to it I’ll sit back and watch. I’m not getting any younger but my 2.5 mile walks are definitely helping.

Have fun with it John!

I'm just starting down my road with drag racing, I have A LOT to learn:) My background is road racing motorcycles and off-roading which doesn't easily transfer to drag racing, but I'm enjoying the journey. The biggest realization so far is that there is no room for error. When I road raced you could make a mistake in a corner, but you had 15 more chances (depending on the race length) to make it up and plenty of opportunities on other parts of the track to gain losses from other missteps.

Drag racing, one shot and that's it! You'll get her dialed back in!

Nice work! I always considered breaking out a good thing when I was racing. never really bothered me.

D6352984-1FFB-4A81-8E94-5D1F9A7EF15B.jpeg
Well I went to bed early and did everything I could do so I could race today. No alcohol, lots of water, jumped in the air conditioning when possible and I gave it a go. I won first round which is good cause I probably wouldn’t have bought back. And I lost second round to a friend. Look at yesterday’s and today’s time slip. Man there’s so close Racing. Now I rest up a few days and head to Ohio Thursday morning

It's hard to win with the frontend in the air. lol :D

Now that's better, it's settled down and getting it done. :thumbsup:

This car to work right, especially in this heat has to have the wheels in the air. And I’m not talking 6 inches. We lost our best track guy at Keystone when he started making babies and it’s been A job setting the front shocks. I’m 4 clicks from full loose so I will probably tighten it up 4 clicks for this weekend at Dragway 42. It’s sold out so the car count is 400 and they drag, drag, drag the track out there so I may keep my fingers off it.

Man I sucked it up bad today with 20,000.00 on the line. .006 red right on the dial. Buyback the car slowed .05 and a terrible .030 light. Starting again racing with no time trials at 8am for day two.

View attachment 1715575360 Well I went to bed early and did everything I could do so I could race today. No alcohol, lots of water, jumped in the air conditioning when possible and I gave it a go. I won first round which is good cause I probably wouldn’t have bought back. And I lost second round to a friend. Look at yesterday’s and today’s time slip. Man there’s so close Racing. Now I rest up a few days and head to Ohio Thursday morning
.0009 margin. That's damn close!

I think Ed lost one last week by .0002. That's a blonde hair there!

Ed Fox.jpg

-
Back