-
Status
Not open for further replies.

don-vee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm helping a friend clean out the remains of his dad's collection from his old speed shop that closed in the early 80s. Among the piles of headers hanging from the rafters were these here, NOS Doug Thorleys, the last two Mopar ones. Unfortunately, there were no labels or tags on them, so I'm not 100% on what body they fit, so maybe you can look at them and figure it out. But, these are new stock, and have never been bolted up. They have shelf wear and scuffs from being moved around over the years, but there's no rust, just some shop dust. They're both smallblock. That much I know. One set has one slip-fit pipe to get around the steering. I honestly have no idea what they fit. If you could shed some light on them, I'd love to hear it. These are not the Cyclone or Blackjack thin junk, these are heavy gauge with thick flanges, real nice stuff. I'd like $150 a set, or make me an offer on both. I'd really like to avoid shipping (I will if I have to) so if you're local, or at least semi-local, maybe we can work out something to meet up.
I would be willing to work out a swap, I'm looking for a smallblock Holley Strip Dominator intake and a pair of HD rear leaf springs.

Picture 020.jpg

Picture 022.jpg

I believe you have the headers mixed up. It looks like the top left header goes with the bottom right header which look like car headers and...

The bottom left header goes with the top right header which look like van,(possibly truck) headers.

Chuck

Haha, yeah, I was afraid of that. These were hanging together like this on the rafters, so who knows if they got mixed up over the years of being shuffled around. Thanks for the info!

Ok, so I believe I got some good answers. After scouring pictures, it looks like 340mopar has it right, the picture is switched. I fixed it and the new picture is below. Going by the new picture, the top left one is definitely for a car. Except for the slip-fit primary pipe, it looks identical to the Doug Thorley one pictured here:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DOU-D453-R/?rtype=10

and I believe the mate to it would be an A/B/F-body header, since it has the kicked-out primary tube for the center link to go through. So, I think that clears up the top pair. They are car headers.

The header pictured on the bottom right is definitely a truck/van header, it looks identical to the truck/van header on the Doug Thorley site, and it measures about the same as the Hedmans I took off my parts van. The one on the bottom left is a little bit of a mystery header. I did some measuring with the headers from my van, and it looks like it would fit fine, it's just a little different of a pattern. So, I think it's safe to assume the bottom pair is for a truck/van.
Anyway, here's the fixed picture:

headers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back