pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Cheese Louis

IMG_3651.jpeg

IMG_3650.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

We have a family near by thats kicking but with there Ford engines, they have been racing the big Ford blocks for nearly 15 years, LS guys scratches there heads

20240714_123303.jpg

20240714_123432.jpg

4.5" bore? 2.5" intake valves. How big is this monster, 600 cubes?

Just curious, those valve have to be quite a bit heavier than like 2.08s, 2.05s.. do they get limited on rpm due to it or just insane spring pressures and beefier valve train?

Just curious, those valve have to be quite a bit heavier than like 2.08s, 2.05s.. do they get limited on rpm due to it or just insane spring pressures and beefier valve train?

Years ago ford was always ahead of everyone. Sodium filled valve back before I started racing in the 70’s. Now titanium would be a minimum spec valve with ungodly spring pressure. Remember these engines are torn apart often. Very often

Years ago ford was always ahead of everyone. Sodium filled valve back before I started racing in the 70’s. Now titanium would be a minimum spec valve with ungodly spring pressure. Remember these engines are torn apart often. Very often
yeah i always knew bout the 800+ inch **** even way back but never considered how they keep them from putting on exciting exhibitions of flying parts :) those flow numbers... just..wtf..

Be nice if we could just get the same .300" & .400 numbers.

If you use the same valve to bore ratio for a 4" be 2.22" & 1.59"

That’s funny but sounds a little…weird!

But I understand what you are saying.

In some circles you’d get a far different response lol!
Yes, I am NOT fishing. It's my own way of saying ..."he's very skilled at executing the science that he knows." AND very generous to share it. Of which, I'm not sure I have the ability to execute what I translate that he conveys.

I wonder if he speculated how much potential HP he feels these heads have???
I've heard Morgan say 2.5 hp per cfm is maximum achievable, you'd think they would be getting at least 2.3 hp:cfm. My guess around 1000 hp.

-
Back