66 barracuda...going for a different look

-

Challngd73

Reaction score
Bought my fathers 66 Barracuda, 273 commando, factory ac. pretty simple really, I want to put better brakes, better lights, bigger wheels, and black the whole car out.
This is what I started with......
cudabefore6.jpg

This is where I want to go with it...
66_Barracuda_Render_Mascoll_Designs.jpg

And this is where I am at currently.....
photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

It sure is, I got a guy who is confident he can do it though.

It must be done in 3 sections. I tried to tell the tinting guy I used, he wouldn't listen, ended up burning through a lot of material and losing money on the job.

Nice to see something different being done. Do you plan on keeping any chrome?

The only chrome will be the barracuda "fish" on the emblem in the front, and back of the car, and the chrome on top of the rear quarters.

here you can see what im talking about(this was before I started blacking the rest of the trim)

We took Jake's rear window to 3 diff tint shops before we put it in and they all said they'd rather do it in the car... go figure.... I like your plan for your 66 !!

Pretty cool so far, I like where you are going with it. I dechromed mine too, not quite to the extent you are. I also shaved the bumpers,(notice the lack of front turn signals, now located in the HID headlights) removed the fender script and hood & trunk letters and fender top turn signals. Here are a couple pics to maybe give you some ideas.

View attachment Cuda 017.jpg

View attachment Cuda 018.jpg

View attachment Cuda 019.jpg

good luck getting the car that low without tubbing the wheel wells or moving the springs in. unless you don't mind driving around on nickels.

-
Back